Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Ashfield
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
zombie

I know what the card Rotten Bodies does, I was just wondering thematically what it does storywise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ashfield
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I'd also like to know about the card At Last, theme wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonnie Hedqvist
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both "Rotten Bodies" and "At Last" is classic Horror movie reference. In roughly 2/3s of the movie they usally let the most discusting zombies fall apart a bit to give the crowd some gore scenes to mark that the story gets even worse.

"At last" is at the end of a horror movie. There is always something in the way of the heroes, like a locked door, a lost car-key, storm that stops them from escaping and so on. At the end of the movie when it seems most hopeless for the heroes, they are finally getting a lucky break and this early problem for them, turns into their final escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daarkh wrote:
Both "Rotten Bodies" and "At Last" is classic Horror movie reference. In roughly 2/3s of the movie they usally let the most discusting zombies fall apart a bit to give the crowd some gore scenes to mark that the story gets even worse.

"At last" is at the end of a horror movie. There is always something in the way of the heroes, like a locked door, a lost car-key, storm that stops them from escaping and so on.

You left out one:

"A stupid, screaming hysterical blonde..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Kernel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... do you mean Amanda the Prom Queen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cain Ericson
msg tools
My problem with Rotten Bodies is that it is a play immediately card that doesn't give the option to not play it. I have gotten this card as the zombie player right in the beginning of the game with only several zombies on the board and the zombies were not in position to fight any heroes yet. That card really hurt cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.