Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ROB VERRY
United States
South Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any plans on expanding CC into post-WW2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
United States
Overland Park
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, I was thinking Vietnam would fit perfectly. Not much armor, lots of surprises possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
T13 Spider Holes
Only the Vietcong, NVA or Allied Tunnel Rat units may use Spider Holes.
When such a unit in a hex containing a Spider Hole is activated for an Advance Order...

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
I can 'prove' to you the setting of the next Combat commander through judicious use of Sod's Law.

For the last year I've been making my own version of Combat Commander: Vietnam, cards have been prepared in Illustrator, scenarios have been researched (Siege of Khe Sahn mini-campaign anyone?), unit types selected and blank chits ordered from GMT, weapons have been researched (rifle launched grenades are a favourite) and even a new system for helicopter support devised.

I can GUAAAAARANTEE you, the week after I finish my labour of love it will be just my luck that GMT will throw CC:V up on the P500.

Then I'll start on CC:Modern Warfare. Once I finish crying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Morgan
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play test it! As long as the VC don't have a discard limit of one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Morgan
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
T13 Spider Holes
Only the Vietcong, NVA or Allied Tunnel Rat units may use Spider Holes.
When such a unit in a hex containing a Spider Hole is activated for an Advance Order...

laugh

VC can place a new Spider Hole within 2 hexes of any US unit and Advance into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
menua wrote:
I'll play test it! As long as the VC don't have a discard limit of one...

Playtest?

laugh

I haven't even started on the maps yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Morgan
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maps? I can get you a stack of maps by 2 o'clock dude...

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure a Vietnam version of Combat Commander is floating around somewhere near a Foley or a Jensen in some form or fashion. One can hope...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.