Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First...

Early 80's movie:

The poster of the movie is a woman in shadows drawing a compound bow.

It was a conspiracy movie involving several people showing up at a cabin in the woods.

Second...

Perhaps mid 80's movie:

Another conspiracy movie. There is a scene where a guy breaks into someone's bathroom and puts a special liquid onto a guy's toothbrush. After the guy uses his toothbrush, later on the day his stomach basically explodes.

Thanks! I remember seeing these movies as a kid, but can't remember what they were called or who was in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb

It's a passable film.

The second...Pandemonium (1982)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Osterman Weekend. I knew it was some weird title that I'd never be able to just summon up from memory. Thanks!

I'll have to check out Pandemonium. The only thing I remember was the guy's stomach come apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, dude, I think he's right. Pandemonium sounds vaguely familiar. A bit before my time though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright!

My turn.

There was a National Geographic film in the 70s about how bugs were going to take over the world from the perspective of the bugs.

Also, a documentary from the early 90s about a down syndrome child where the parents and the school system are trying to acclimate the boy into the system with awkward results. It's something like Raising Peter (?)

Edit: I just figured it out! Educating Peter. Apparently there is a sequel: Graduating Peter. Strangely, I'd been trying to remember that movie for about 10 years. Bizarrely, it was on the same VHS tape as Begotten, and it disappeared when someone stole my VCR and the tape was inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ack! I was just considering buying Begotten on DVD. Holy crud is that outrageous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Halliday
United Kingdom
Herts.
flag msg tools
Overclock Epic Fail!
badge
Please note I am no longer very active on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:

There was a National Geographic film in the 70s about how bugs were going to take over the world from the perspective of the bugs.

Are you thinking of The Hellstrom Chronicle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meepleplex wrote:
sisteray wrote:

Are you thinking of The Hellstrom Chronicle?

YES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Another conspiracy movie. There is a scene where a guy breaks into someone's bathroom and puts a special liquid onto a guy's toothbrush. After the guy uses his toothbrush, later on the day his stomach basically explodes.

That would be Endangered Species:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny what you remember, I recall the toothpaste scene too, and now that I look at the Endangered Species movie I remember it but recall it being boring, but then again I was a kid at the time.

Here's one that's been bugging the heck out of me for ages (and it's not the Andromeda Strain or at least not the version I saw again recently):

No idea if it's a movie, tv show, or made for tv movie.

All I remember is that they're in a factory/plant of sorts, maybe underground. The main protagonist is trying to save everyone (who are observing from somewhere else), and he goes into an open multi-level area in the plant that's filled with a poisonous gas of sorts. He finds an old guy in there we saw previously in the show. The old guy was hiding in a box or something, but is dying from the gas. The guy tries to help by sharing his air but the old coot dies.

Then something is triggered, and a giant hook starts traveling from one side of the open area to the other, and the guy jumps on the hook and uses his feet to prevent it from triggering something on the opposite wall (explosion, release, no idea).

That's all I got. Help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.