Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Glory to Rome» Forums » General

Subject: Dealing with ohmahgoshthisgamelooksepicmustbeminerightnow-itius rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
I belive ive contracted this disease while on this site. Last i remeber i was just doin my usual browsing and looking for a sweet game, and this freakintastic game pops up! I dont own Puerto rico, RFTG or San Juan. so hey! i figure i would try this type of game out. whats that type called? action taking, alot game, thing, move and stuff with combos and colors and uhh red and yellow and other colors, sick time with friends, Forum and then,need to build,ahh rome demands brick and Bathing patrons, with jack bar in the vault to score points, whoa.. . I apologize for that strange outbreak, ive been doing that lately, and im starting to get nervous.dont judge mah thought process right now.



Now that i have this disease. I MUST TREAT IT! or i will go crazy and fly. Yes when you have this disease, when you go crazy, you actually grow wings, and fly, its kinda fun, but i would rather have this game(hehehe) but hey it looks like a Sick Game!! cool


So the only way to treat it, i think, is to Hold glory to rome in my hands and play it multiple times untill the swelling goes down, then rinse wash repeat, and once the swelling goes down, play it untill you die, then once more, or maybe 2 or 5 or eleventy hundred.


Should i get this version or wait untill the black box version comes out?


And when does the black box edition come out, i bet theres no release date, so or roughly speaking when?


Im too young to die, Help!!! :O
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently read "end of January" and "January or February".

Substantiation here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/740980/gtr-black-box

You can get a good idea of the differences between the editions by looking at the image gallery for the game (here on BGG).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the back box was out and sold out already, but I am not sure. I think it would be my preferred one if I had easy access to it, loved the art design on it.
I can't stand the sight of the original art design but I got the well produced German version and I love it.
Its up to you if don't go blind by the original one and you don't mind the subpar production(here comes the flames) and packaging go ahead. If I were you and I try to find the black box edition and I would buy the anniversary edition of PR.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek McKay
Azerbaijan
APO
msg tools
badge
Is it my turn? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you really like to play great games, then get the original version so you won't have to wait another minute. If you want to look at great art go to a museum.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb

Thank you guys for your comments



another question.



Is the new glory to rome going to be more balanced? and will there be new buildings? or is it Strictly a reprint?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
moses beard wrote:
Is the new glory to rome going to be more balanced?

You don't understand Glory to Rome if you ask that question.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
moses beard wrote:

Thank you guys for your comments



another question.



Is the new glory to rome going to be more balanced? and will there be new buildings? or is it Strictly a reprint?


A BGG-inspired fan expansion will be included, which includes 10 new buildings.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gonzalez Rice
United States
New London
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Najimbe wrote:
If you really like to play great games, then get the original version so you won't have to wait another minute. If you want to look at great art go to a museum.


As though standards of beauty and aesthetics only apply within the walls of a museum.

"If you want scientific truth, go to the natural history museum" just wouldn't fly, would it?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Barticus88 wrote:
moses beard wrote:
Is the new glory to rome going to be more balanced?

You don't understand Glory to Rome if you ask that question.


Haha! well i dont have it so that would be why i wouldnt understand it.


I hear if you get a handful of laborer cards its not the best thing, but seriously do you think it will be a better version? maybe balanced isnt a good word. and I could give a crap about artwork.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
looleypalooley wrote:
moses beard wrote:

Thank you guys for your comments



another question.



Is the new glory to rome going to be more balanced? and will there be new buildings? or is it Strictly a reprint?


A BGG-inspired fan expansion will be included, which includes 10 new buildings.


Thread?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shikosaki wrote:
looleypalooley wrote:
moses beard wrote:

Thank you guys for your comments



another question.



Is the new glory to rome going to be more balanced? and will there be new buildings? or is it Strictly a reprint?


A BGG-inspired fan expansion will be included, which includes 10 new buildings.


Thread?


Here you go: Rome Demands VARIANT CARDS (finalist round!)

Also: Glory to Rome Promo Cards


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.