Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would you do in these situations.

I am in the habit, when a phase is completed (e.g. a build phase), I remove the phase marker and place it back in the cup I draw phases from. This helps me keep straight what phase it is. But what if someone plays a hand of fate chit and is able to draw two new phases and replace ones on the board? If you do as I do and place used phases back in the cup, there are more to chose from. If you don't, that is, there are only a few unused phases in the cup and you do not re-use phases.

What would you do in that situation, put used phases back in the cup with the potential of them being picked by a hand of fate event, or don't and draw only from the unused phases in the cup?

Secondly, I am in the habit of building only one step militia. This way I can avoid wasted food and resources. Instead of paying for a two step militia and drawing a one step militia, I purchase only one step militia; I can upgrade them later if they survive.

Would you do the same? My reading of the rules leads me to conclude that you never are forced to buy a two step army. You can buy one step armies. Why not do that with militia?

Postscript. I have been wargaming off and on since the 70's and recently got this game. I thoroughly enjoy it. Yes, there are some gaps in the rules, though the questions and answers and comments on the net solve most of them. My two boys love it and I find it very satisfying. The phases and their randomness, the harvest and resources needed to maintain and build, and the siege rules work. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra Strong

Juneau
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmb
I leave the used phases on the sheet, and we've just use a coin or something to mark which phase it is right now.
Militia cost the same, one-step or two, as per page 10, section 10.3. There is no reason to want to only buy a one-step..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.