Popular Tags: [View All]
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 houses left. Have tavern and barn. Forest terrain. Use tavern. One settlement left. Play on forest. Can I now use barn? Or would that be forbidden because I didn't complete manditory build?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be allowed because you completed every possible part of th mandatory action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At each of your turn (even the last one), you can use your abilities before your mandatory action, even if it lets you no building left for your mandatory action.

In your example, when you build your last building the game immediately ends, but players end the turn.
You cannot use BARN after you have placed your last building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
The Nomad wrote:
2 houses left. Have tavern and barn. Play forest. Use tavern. One settlement left. Play on forest. Can I now use barn? Or would that be forbidden because I didn't complete manditory build?

You can still use abilities on your turn after using up your last settlement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank Donald for the clarification because the rules state :

"The game ends when one player has built the last settlement from their personal supply. However, the current game round is still completed; the player on the right of the start player is the last player to perform their turn."

It was not mentioned that a player could use an ability after having built his last settlement.

Sorry to have given a wrong answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
DocGuillaume wrote:
Thank Donald for the clarification because the rules state :

"The game ends when one player has built the last settlement from their personal supply. However, the current game round is still completed; the player on the right of the start player is the last player to perform their turn."

It was not mentioned that a player could use an ability after having built his last settlement.

Yes, it is not as clear as it could be. However finishing the current game round includes completing the current turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if an ability includes putting down an extra settlement, you can't do that if you have none, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
rickert wrote:
But if an ability includes putting down an extra settlement, you can't do that if you have none, right?

That's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
The Nomad wrote:
2 houses left. Have tavern and barn. Play forest. Use tavern. One settlement left. Play on forest. Can I now use barn? Or would that be forbidden because I didn't complete manditory build?

And before using it up? I mean, are the mandatory actions mandatory even in the last turn? If I have two settlements left, can I still use my abilities (e.g. place 2 houses on desert spaces) instead of doing my mandatory action (place my last houses on the terrain type indicated by my card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
lacxox wrote:
If I have two settlements left, can I still use my abilities (e.g. place 2 houses on desert spaces) instead of doing my mandatory action (place my last houses on the terrain type indicated by my card)?

Yes. This is also in Kingdom Builder FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
lacxox wrote:
If I have two settlements left, can I still use my abilities (e.g. place 2 houses on desert spaces) instead of doing my mandatory action (place my last houses on the terrain type indicated by my card)?

Yes. This is also in Kingdom Builder FAQ.

Thanks, I came here as for some reason I just didn't find it in the FAQ. Now I can see it's there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.