Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. Just recently played our first game and was needing some rule clarifications, etc.

I know in the rules it states that for boss mobs, I have to reveal the stats, but not abilities.

So was I supposed to be revealing stats for all monsters? HPs? Armor? I was kinda keeping those stats secret and even seeing if they wanted to spend fatigue on power dice before revealing if they killed the monster. Was this wrong?

I also realize that it's really just a matter of an internet search or looking in the box as a player to get all the stats, but just wanted to make sure I was doing what I am supposed to do.

Also, am I correct in that the heroes decide their turn order among themselves?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master of the Waz
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They can see all the monster cards. You should put them face up on the table.

Actually, it is really up to your group though. Do you guys like the suspense and finding things out or the tactical battle decisions where you have most all information available. You can really play it either way.

When we play, the only thing hidden is the OL hand and the Heroes feats in hand. Everything else is revealed and shared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Jastin says, the only things hidden are the OL cards (which are revealed when played or discarded) and Hero Feat cards (from ToI, which are again revealed when played or discarded).
Numbers of these cards (how many in hand) are public knowledge as well.

It is a competitive game and the other side has to be able to 'see' that you are not cheating them.

The final Boss abilities don't need to be revealed initially, but will be revealed as and when they are used. And that is easy to check as it all happens right at the end.

Throughout the quest guide there may be some things that are hidden and only revealed after certain conditions are met.

And yes, the heroes decide their turn order themselves, and can change it every round, or at any time, so long as they still only get one turn each per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master of the Waz
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sorry I missed that last part about turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No prob.
Thanks to you both for the quick replies!

Derrek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.