Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked around for a bit about this, but could not find an answer. We played our first game today and we noticed that some of the Alien starting tiles did not allow for the player to place a population for each type (money, science, and materials)...

Is this correct (as it seemed to be a severe starting disadvantage)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeePee wrote:
Yes.

Do you start with all you can or one of each? For example, the race that starts with the Advanced Labs, could place 2 science and one money to start the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bond8089 wrote:
DeePee wrote:
Yes.

Do you start with all you can or one of each? For example, the race that starts with the Advanced Labs, could place 2 science and one money to start the game...

From the rules, page n.5:

Quote:
Each player then moves onto his starting hex:
• one Interceptor Ship miniature [25]
• one Population Cube on each of the Population Squares (not on the
Advanced squares, marked with a star
), taken from the corresponding
Population Track [26]
• one Influence Disc on the Influence circle, taken from his Influence
Track [27]

Although that part describes the Terran setup, nowhere does it say that the Hydran Progress may place the cube on the advanced spot right at the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced Labs Tech allows you to place cubes on the advanced Science squares. This applies to the setup as well.

And yes, the starting hexes for different aliens are different. This is intentional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Err, Sampo I think you mean that advanced labs allows you to put pop on the advanced science squares? laugh

Advanced economy tech -> advanced money (orange)
Advanced labs tech -> advanced science (pink)
Advanced mining tech -> advanced materials (brown)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Err, Sampo I think you mean that advanced labs allows you to put pop on the advanced science squares? laugh

I do Corrected. (Too early, need more coffee.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the correction Sampo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilgore wrote:
Advanced Labs Tech allows you to place cubes on the advanced Science squares. This applies to the setup as well.

And yes, the starting hexes for different aliens are different. This is intentional.

Wait so the rulebook is incorrect then? What you are saying is you place all the Population cubes you can, even if they are advanced if you have a race that starts with a technology that allows for this?

The rulebook says to place all you can that are NOT advanced...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bond8089 wrote:
kilgore wrote:

Wait so the rulebook is incorrect then? What you are saying is you place all the Population cubes you can, even if they are advanced if you have a race that starts with a technology that allows for this?

It also says to put an Interceptor on the starting hex but the Orion Hegemony don't do that (they start with a Cruiser).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bond8089 wrote:
kilgore wrote:

Yes but right after that very section is a box with the words ALIEN SPECIES. This box goes to state that the rules currently written apply to Terran Species and to refer to pages 26-27 for the Alien speices. Which in turn means that the Hydran Progress who start with Advanced Labs get the one money cube and two science cubes (one is advanced, the other is not) but not the advanced Mining cube spot in their sector of space when they start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.