Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Moultrie
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the Italy map for the first time over the weekend. We used the new power plant deck with six players. The rules for the Italy map indicate that cash should be tight based on expensive connections and resources. We did not find that to be the case. In fact, we saw the coal, oil, and garbage cost 1 electro after about five turns or so. We also found the connection fees to be very cheap (at least in the northern regions). So, my questions to the power grid community are as follows:

Have you experienced this type of game?
What are some common mistakes made when playing the Italy board?
Italy uses the resource replenish rate found in the base game rules, correct?
Was our cash rich game just a result of the more efficient plants found on the new deck?

Overall the game was still fun, it just lacked the tension that is normally present related to resource availability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On any map, the new deck is a little more efficient than the old one, so resources tend to be plentiful. Shortages happen, but not so often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new power plants are very efficient. I strongly suggest using the original deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.