Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally started playing scenarios with vehicles and I just want to make sure I'm handling artillery vs. Tanks correctly. The fire power rating is 1 against vehicles as opposed to 8 or 9 against infantry. If the vehicle is open top I subtract 1 from the roll, and if the lowest armor is 3 or more I add 1 to the roll. So that's a 10% chance for a kill with most tanks and 0% chance for a few with better armor. No other modifers are used, correct? In other words, artillery can never destroy a tank with armored of 4 or higher. (unless the artillery had a 2 fire power).

I seem to remember reading a comment about high artillery was devastating against infantry but had little effect against armor (single tanks, not large formations.) I guess that makes sense since a single tank takes up very little of a 40 yard hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it right.

Artillery did have an impact against armor, but the impact was magnified when used against armored concentrations for an extended period of time.

I suppose that I should add that there is artillery in the game with a higher anti-vehicle firepower (up to 3 for the 150mm). 80mm mortars are obviously not as deadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks again. Your support of this game is a wonderful thing!

By the way, I like how you've handled tank vs tank combat, especially with the "Move" marker and the ability to move 1/3 and still place an Op Fire marker, Makes for some interesting decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.