Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YOU CAN'T.

This is relevant in SAGS (and some Scenarios?) where Salemite may get victory points for creating Zombies. I played that Salemite could march Zombies off the map to "kill" them, to allow their card/figure to be animated again from another body. I was wrong, the rules say characters that leave the map are "safe" (p.9).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YOU CAN.

The rules for the zombie serum say that you need an available zombie miniature. The zombie character leaving the map is "safe", but the miniature becomes available.
I believe that the rules for zombie creation only limits you to two zombie characters on the map at the same time. The amount you can create is limited to the amount of corpses on the map (printed and killed non-zombies).

(This is just my interpretation of the rules, and I believe that the tactics you used in that game was clever if easy to the point where Noras should have tried hard to stop you ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
I agree with DenGad. As long as you have different sources of bodies (No two bodies in one grave, ay?), you can if you have a mini available.

Send your zombie forces to die--and raise new ones!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm convinced. I got into this contrary line of thinking when Vasquez exited in SAGS with a "hold at end of the game" victory item. I thought she KEPT that item, so her Character card was still needed. But I must be wrong because actually "Any Equipment cards... are removed from the game." Silly Vasquez - you've got to STAY ON THE MAP TO keep those mission points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confusing, since in some scenarios you have to exit the map to get the mission points for the colleced items.
Shows the flexibility of the kind of missions that can be made; also goes to show you need to read the fine print (I've played a few games entirely wrong because I glossed over the scenario )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gjertsen
United States
Trent Woods
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A different but related question: Do killed (re-killed) zombies create a cadaver marker?

I would think they would, but then that creates a pretty easy victory strategy for Salemites in Scenario 4: The Vault. Deeler reanimates zombie with serum in Morgue. Zombie shambles over to the Infirmary, stepping over one of Hollister's mines. (You might even get lucky and open a hole in the wall between the Chem Lab and the Infirmary.) Distance between Chem Lab and cadaver suddenly very short... The second zombie could meet a fateful end on other mines (or with Deeler+knife+titanium claws) Victory conditions for Salemites are specific that the 3 reanimated zombies don't all have to be on the board at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules specifically state that you can't reanimate a zombie.
Sorry, only one second chance on life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.