Chris
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few years ago I got a poker suitcase with 200 poker chips. Now, not being much of a fan of Texas hold'em (I'm more into the good ol' five card draw) I stored it under my bed and it remained unused.

Giving my new effort of finding homes for the games I don't want, I want to make some use out of those poker chips. I don't think anyone would buy/trade it, since you can find it rather easily and for a cheap price at any decent game/men's gift/gift shop here.

I thought about using it to upgrade a game that uses paper money, but I don't have any games like that (for the time being whistle).

So... do you guys and gals of the Geek have any idea of how I can put those chips into good use? Apparently when you try to pay with them, they make a fuss out of it, calling the police and what not (I know, right?!)

I thought about making a P&P game with them or something. Any recommendations? And what should I use to cut circles?

Thnx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be worth checking out:

Battle for Glyderion

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with circle punches (I cut my circles the old-fashioned way!), so I can't help you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use these poker chips with games like 1830: Railways & Robber Barons to replace the paper money. They speed up the game a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have 4 different colors with 7 chips in each color, you can play John Nash's (A Beautiful Mind) negotiation game, So Long Sucker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
This might be worth checking out:

Battle for Glyderion

Ah geez, I just noticed that the files are no longer available:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/636406/possibly-publishe...-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy round 1" or 3/4" labels at an office supply store (they're basically for yard sales) and you won't need a circular puncher. I used poker chips for my own game design but got rid of them eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, we use poker chips for currency in a ton of games.

They work great to track threat and glory in the Dungeoneer: Tomb of the Lich Lord series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poker chips can be substituted for many awkward score keeping devices.

Children love playing with them-building roads, making patterns...

You can use a printer, adhesive paper & a circle punch to make souvineer chips for events.

Make funky jewelry.

Reward system for children. Awarded for specific behavior, redeemable for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Start playing more Poker?

After all is said and done, Poker is the one game that I probably enjoy playing more than anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Can't Stop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thnx everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Nikolaou
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use 40 of them to play this awesome little pnp game:
Take-Back-Toe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Home-made copy of Hey, That's My Fish!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poker Chips make great counters in games with bidding and the like. A game like The Big Idea almost demands them if you are in money mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.