Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unique Items Clarification: Book of Dzyan, Silver Key, & Enchanted Jewlery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sara Grace
United States
Berkeley
Ca
flag msg tools
Gaaames!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I got AH for Christmas and have played one solo game. Armed with a basic understanding of game play, I am busily looking through the cards to get a sense of the games possibilities. In the Unique Items I have come across a couple of card I would like a little clarification on (see post title). They all contain the same instruction of placing a Stamina token "from the bank" onto the card.

Example: Silver Key - "Any Phase: Put 1 Stamina token from the bank on Silver Key before making an Evade check to automatically pass it. Discard Silver Key after using it if there are 3 Stamina tokens on it."

Is the use of Stamina tokens simply a way to note how often you have used the card or is there some specific reason for using Stamina? (I am assuming that the bank is the general pile of Stamina tokens for the entire game not your investigators specific Stamina tokens.)

Thanks in advance for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a generic counter in this case - you could use other markers instead but I suppose Stamina tokens are ones you're most likely to have plenty of spares in the bank for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
__cim__ wrote:
It's just a generic counter in this case - you could use other markers instead but I suppose Stamina tokens are ones you're most likely to have plenty of spares in the bank for.

Yes, we usually use the money tokens in these cases since it is much more plentiful than the rest of the markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.