Popular Tags: [View All]
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules it states that if an enemy has fire resistance then it can't be affected by a non attack / block action on a red card or by a unit effect that require a red mana. However it says nothing about spells. Can 'exploding shield' (fire block and if part of successful block enemy is destroyed)be used against an enemy that is resistant to fire as it is neither a red card or a unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The relevant section of the walk through does refer to "...a red Action card, or a red Spell card,..." and the Spells that require red Mana are tinted red (well the backgrounds to the text are anyway) so I'd assume that they are included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
drjmcmillan wrote:
In the rules it states that if an enemy has fire resistance then it can't be affected by a non attack / block action on a red card or by a unit effect that require a red mana. However it says nothing about spells. Can 'exploding shield' (fire block and if part of successful block enemy is destroyed)be used against an enemy that is resistant to fire as it is neither a red card or a unit?

A Spell that needs Red Mana is a Red Spell, and should be considered a Red card. Thematically, this makes sense. Exploding shield secondary effect could not work on something with fire resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I'd been playing. Thanks for the prompt replies. Happy New Year to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beakley
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFuzzy wrote:
The relevant section of the walk through does refer to "...a red Action card, or a red Spell card,..." and the Spells that require red Mana are tinted red (well the backgrounds to the text are anyway) so I'd assume that they are included.

Where is the relevant part of the walkthrough? I went digging for it and couldn't find that line. The closest I found was under "Revealing a Mage Tower" (p14), in discussing enemy resistances and resistance to special effects. But I didn't see anything about spell cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.