Subject: Little variant for Solo Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, thank you Victory point games, i just bought Levee en Masse and i am waiting delivery to knock on my door .

I just saw the Napoleonic 20 system and i really like it, i read the rules and tried Jena 20 on Cyberboard.

I often play solo so i was thinking about a little variant to give a taste of "fog of war" during Napoleonic 20 solo play.

---

When units are in combat the player must roll a die for every unit engaged and see the results below:

1-2 the combat value of the unit is reduced by 1
3-5 nothing happens
6 the combat value of the unit is raised by 1

This portraits the "will to fight" or the manouever ability of the General of the Corp/Division, and this should give a bit of unexpected during solo play.

The player will know the average value of the unit but not the real value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And, if using the expansion kit with attacker and defender tactics and its matrix i will suggest this little house rule:

assuming the player should be always the attacking side (for he is the "active player"):

1 - shuffle all the defender counters and discard "face up" two of them (or just one... i am thinking about it)
2 - attacker will choose one attacking counter
3 - randomly choose one of the 3 (4) defender counters that are face down (or in a cup)
4 - reveal the counters and cross the matrix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Adraeth Montecuccoli wrote:

1-2 the combat value of the unit is reduced by 1
3-5 nothing happens
6 the combat value of the unit is raised by 1

Interesting suggestion, Andrea. How would you apply this when using the existing official rule for "Unreliable" troops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry i miss that rule on Nap20Rules Ver.2 (the version on the web site)... is that an optional rule or a card for some specific scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrea

Leipzig Exclusive rules- Optional Rules section ,16.8(Unreliable Troops)

I would go over to the Napoleonic20 page and post your variant there so it can be used with Any game of the series(once you figure out using it with any unreliable troops rules there might be for any game using it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, now i know that rule

I just posted here the discussion

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8160292#8160292

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.