Subject: Undead Light Ravenloft? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all,
I am working my way through WoA as a D&D lite campaign with my family.  You can see the log here and what I mean by "light":

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8151519#8151519

We have already played Drizzt, but not as a campaign, just straight up scenario by scenario.  

The next campaign in the list will be Ravenloft, however, my daughter (and my wife as well) do not like undead, in particular undead which are human-like but monstrous - so zombies and ghouls top the list.  Vampires and ghosts are fine (since they look mostly human), skeletons are OK as well.  I also plan on using the cruder sculpts from the 3e D&D version of Dungeon for some undead.

Can anyone else suggest some stand-in monsters?  Nothing, apart from undead and maybe devils/demons, fits in well from the other sets - or the setting in general.  That may, in fact, be enough, but looking for more alternatives.  

Its been a while since I played Ravenloft but I don't believe anything in the castle was not undead.

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
They already included kobolds in CR so you could just swap in kobolds/orcs/whatever doesn't offend your family from the other sets instead of zombies and ghouls. Make sure the newer monsters are the same XP value and you should be fine. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rat Swarm = ok (maybe swap these for LoD's Hypnotic Spirit)
Wolf = ok
Kobold Skirmisher = Skeletal Archer (custom)
Zombie = Vampire Bat (custom)

Spider = ok
Skeleton = ok
Blazing Skeleton = ok
Ghoul = swap out the set of 3 for a single 4XP Gray Hag.

Wraith = ok
Gargoyle = ok

If necessary, the Wraith or Gargoyle can be swapped with my custom Vargouille for some Legion Devil-style mania.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good ideas. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.