Subject: Property marker and victory points at the end of a turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:
'If, at the end of your turn, your playing piece is on a building that belongs to another player (his property marker is placed there), then that player immediately gets 1 victory point from supply.'

So far I've understood the rules so that the other player gets the victory point only if I could use the building as well. Most likely the other player gets a victory point also, if I can't use the building, because I'm on an inactive Cuban.
But I thought, that it is unlikely that the player gets a victory point at the end of my turn, when I stopped at the port. Now I'm not so sure anymore.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked the rules and I think the rules are well-defined here.

The other player doesn't only get a VP if you are able to use the building but every time your token is on a builing that is marked as property of the other player at the end of your turn.
Even when you are unable to use the building or were not allowed to move your token to another builing ("El Zorro", Harbor, ...) the other player gets a VP at the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Kobilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you have to stay on a building and cannot use it, the player owning this building gets 1 VP - always (unless you are the owner, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, so both of you say, that the player gets a victory point after the port-action has been finished. I will do it the same way now.

The victory-point-rule is part of chapter B 'Use a building with your playing piece'. So, if I move to the port in step A, I will not accomplish step B. Furthermore in chapter A I found following sentence: '...you get 1 victory point from supply each time another player visits a building you own."

An additional short sentence (or example) in the rule would be fine The points-rule itself is very clear, but in my opinion not at the best place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, the player with the property marker only gets a VP when another player "visits" that building. I did not think that meant the owning player got an additional VP if the other player stays in the building an extra turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in this rule. I've just played my first game and we couldn't figure out if the building owner got another point when the the player on that building used El Zorro?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked the (german) rules again.

In part B it says (rough translation):
After you drove to a Cuban, you have to move your meeple to a building.

The color of the flower on the building has to have the same color as the Cuban you drove to.

You have to move to a building with no other meeple present.

You have to move, your meeple may not stay put.
4 Exceptions:
- El Zorro [...]
- Habor [...]
- deactivated Cuban [...]
- all buildings with the color (flower) in question are taken [...]

You may use the builing, you don't have to.

If your meeple sits on a builing marked as property of another player at the end of your turn, the other player gets a VP immediatly.

[Stehst du am Ende deines Zuges auf einem Gebäude, das sich im Besitz eines anderen Spielers
befindet (sein Besitzmarker liegt darauf), erhält dieser sofort 1 Siegpunkt aus dem Vorrat.]

I still think it is correct that the owner of a building gets a VP every time your meeple sits on his building at the end of your turn. Especially considering that the 4 exceptions for not moving your meeple are mentioned directly above that rule.

Yes, I admit that the rule in part A might be confusing when saying "Every time a meeple visits a building owned by another player..."

Hope that helps.
Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorin2001 wrote:
"If your meeple sits on a building marked as property of another player at the end of your turn, the other player gets a VP immediately."

I still think it is correct that the owner of a building gets a VP every time your meeple sits on his building at the end of your turn.

I agree, that rules wording is definitive.

If my brother stays at my place for two days, is he visiting on day one, then not visiting on day two? Of course not, he's visiting, then he's still visiting on day two. The visit lasts the entire duration of the time he's there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.