Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Strategy

Subject: I'm back! Deck time! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Brown
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I just dug this out from ages ago, since now I actually have a local group to play with, and I want to make some decks. I don't remember anything from 2009.

Here's what I have:

2x Core Sets

2x Skavenblight Threat

2x Path of the Zealot

2x Deathmasters Dance

I used to really like Empire, and I started building a Skaven deck when they came out. Think there's anything competitive I can make with this? What should I get next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With your available card pool, I think the best deck you can make would be an orc rush deck. There are several good low cost orc cards in the core set. You also have spider raiders which is good, and you can utilize the Veteran Sellswords as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Ok then. In the near future I might start to catch myself up with the newer cards. Any suggestions as to which packs to hit to make a killer empire deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reception of a made, derricksburg both contain good empire cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fisha wrote:
Reception of a made, derricksburg both contain good empire cards.

I would also add the full size expansion March of the Damned because it adds several decent Empire cards like Rodrick's Raiders and Manaan Take You. This expansion also adds the lizardmen which can work well with the Empire. I would also look at The Fall Karak Grmiaz because it offers the powerful Wilhelm of the Osterknacht and the useful Tactic Called Back. That pack also has long winter, which is a neutral tactic that works well with Empire decks.

The current battle pack cycle, the Capital cycle, has each pack focusing on one of the factions. The Empire focused pack is still coming but when it does you will probably be interested in that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.