Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arek
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its stated that the Taken Over marker cannot be placed in the Manor House, because the Manor House cannot be used as a random building but what about the Lights Out? Nothing is mentioned in the rules or on the card, because you get to choose your building and not roll for it so I assume it is allowed. Has this ever been Clarified?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
I swore this was mentioned somewhere but maybe its a downloadable FAQ I'm thinking about. Anyway, the directions say the Manor House is a NORMAL building in EVERYWAY.... EXCEPT for

1.Cannot Search
2.Can not be chosen when rolling a Random Building
3.Heroes get a bonus card if they start there.

None of those exceptions pertain to Lights Out.

So, yes you can place Lights Out there, you don't need to roll a random building to place Lights Out on it. It's the Zombie's choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are right. Lights Out and some other cards are OK as long as they allow a choice of buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I thought as much, but I was hoping that maybe I could get a break as a hero. It seems like the Defend the Manor House scenario is very much stacked against the heroes. We have played it only once, but I can see no strategy which will win it for the heroes. The zombies won easily. Only blind luck, and lots of range weapons available as the free card at the start seems the only hope for the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Lights Out" CAN be played on the Manor House.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArekKowalczyk999 wrote:
Thanks, I thought as much, but I was hoping that maybe I could get a break as a hero. It seems like the Defend the Manor House scenario is very much stacked against the heroes. We have played it only once, but I can see no strategy which will win it for the heroes. The zombies won easily. Only blind luck, and lots of range weapons available as the free card at the start seems the only hope for the heroes.

There is a trick to winning with the heroes in this one. I won't spoil it for you. It is counter-intuitive though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Else
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I general rule that I've noticed across my 30+ plays of LNoE (including SEVERAL visits to the forums for rule clarifications):
Basically, if the card doesn't explicitly contradict a rule, then do a quick search in the rulebook for a "special explanation" for your situation. If you still can't find something that says, "yes/no, you can/can't do that," then you can (or can't, depending on the situation).

Example:
We were POSITIVE that we read somewhere that a Hero could use a search action to take any "scenario search item" from the discard pile (just like a "pick up", basically). We played that way for probably our first 10 games. Upon reading things in the forums, and then a Zombie Player finally questioning it, we scoured the rulebook for where it said that you can do just that. We could not find it (seeing as how it's not there). I think the reason that our minds made the assumption/jump to that imaginary rule was because we were thinking, "what reason would there be to call something a 'scenario search item' other than to allow you to grab it from the discard pile for multiple uses??" not realizing at first that the rule was ONLY meant to be utilized in conjunction with cards such as "Just What I Needed!" So to sum up that example, our proof - we decided - that Heroes could not pick up a "scenario search item" from the discard pile is because it does not say that you can do it in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.