Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmb
"Forge-World" will offer new Fimir sculpts for sale in the first quarter of 2012! goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love all your HQ posts Tock, keep em coming.
This game is basically in stasis for me for about 8 more years until my son is old enough to play it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
This game is basically in stasis for me for about 8 more years until my son is old enough to play it...

Hehe. I just had my yearly HQ day with the family. Just finished Orge Horde for the first time.. Next time into the recently acquired Frozen North!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

Hehe. I just had my yearly HQ day with the family. Just finished Orge Horde for the first time.. Next time into the recently acquired Frozen North!

We never even got through Ogre Horde as kids, maybe one day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
corkysru wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

We never even got through Ogre Horde as kids, maybe one day...

That was a rough series of quests. Especially since we play with the american base set(all those creatures with more than one hit point). And instead of the "variable hit points" for the ogres we just gave them all 5. Not as hard as the ones with 10 from the Elf Expansion but still tougher than the two-three the book gives them most times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan S.
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I love the idea of old models making a comeback, especially when they were part of my still-to-this-day favourite board game, I think they look really ugly and nothing like the fondly remembered HQ Fimirs of olde.

The faces/poses just look odd and they seem not to have tails apart from the one on the right who does indeed seem to possess a .... let's say weird... appendage I shall try not to describe lest I compare it to other anatomical parts. The maces are also IMHO a poor substitute for the old double axes. And of course they seem to be based on monster-sized bases so actually using them in HQ might cause some problem, though nothing insurmountable obviously.

And I can't even imagine how expensive those are going to be, considering where they are coming from.

All in all considering HQ fans are probably not the target audience for those a lot of people are eventually going to find a use for and enjoy playing with those minis which is great but for HQ replacement/enrichment purposes I still think the Bog Raiders from Bloodmoon Miniatures fit the HeroQuest style more closely and they are way cheaper to boot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the monster bases is a missed opportunity. I also think they should have been based on 2,5 mm bases ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Wright
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No doubt they will be expensive, I am curious as to how big these models will be considering the spaces on the board are only 1", things could get cramped real fast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's why I rebased all my HQ miniatures on 2,5 mm ROUND bases. You can rotate them and this sometimes provides more space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn Palm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Those minis are probably for Warhammer. The Warhammer-Fimiri were larger than the HQ ones. I read somewhere that the reason they removed the Fimiri was that GW decided to aim at a younger clientele and decided that a race that reproduces via rape wasn't suitable, ergo they were removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.