2 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Loss of will(spoliers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L L
msg tools
This card is really a gamebreaker.

Today we played scenario 5A. In order to win, investigator with Ceremonial skull has to escape through Foyer. I was the keeper and by the time that investigators revealed the objective, they had 6 turns to escape.

In the penultimate round, when my turn began, the investigator with the skull was only 2 spaces away from the victory, others were quite far from him and all my monsters were killed with no hope of summoning back. I had this card for a long time, saving it for such opportunity. I casted it on him, securing me a victory.

We had really good time playing this scenario, it was really close, but then in the very end I felt like there was no chance for investigators (except the chosen one).

What can investigators do against using Loss of Will in the penultimate round? It looks like the only thing is that they have to be near enough to kill him, and still have one other investigator with action to take the dropped skull and escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Indeed, this is a problem with Loss of Will. Corey seems to have wanted to carry over a traitor mechanic from his previous game Battlestar Galactica, but doesn't seem to have considered that the traitor mechanic worked in that game because the traitors could perform sabotage in secret. Here, where all information is public, the traitor can do nothing evil until the reveal turn, which means the Keeper has no reason to play Loss of Will until the opportune moment for the traitor to act.

This is just one of many ways that scenario can be broken. In fact, the Clues are far enough apart that certain story choices can make it impossible to get to Clue 1 before the game ends given even half-hearted harassment, despite the game clock being 25 turns long.

The "We had really good time playing this scenario, it was really close, but then in the very end I felt like there was no chance for investigators" really sums up most of my experience with the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.