-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than the updated rules were any other significant changes made to the actual physical game itself? I'm specifically concerned with gameplay not esthetics. (card text changes, extra cards, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
You can check out my review of the Revised FFG edition here. This goes over all of the changes in the Revised edition.

LA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow, I had no idea the changes were so extensive!

So having no experience whatsoever with the game, from what I read, I assume it's virtually impossible to play the revised rules with the original edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Oh wow, I had no idea the changes were so extensive!

So having no experience whatsoever with the game, from what I read, I assume it's virtually impossible to play the revised rules with the original edition?

The differences are almost all on the cards themselves. You could play with revised bribery rules and house-rule revised HQ card text into your game, but most of the revisions are cleaned up text and lots more card options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the feedback all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Nesbitt
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, I don't feel like the changes to the rules were better than the original. Sure the rule book is a lot easier to understand, but what really sets the revised edition apart is the massive amount of new cards.
Buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.