Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bogen
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the 2nd Edition of Awakening The Bear supposed to be released? I have my pre-order in, but I can't seem to find release dates anywhere.... Could be January, or it could be this Fall. Would like to have some idea at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coen Velden
Germany
Geldern
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you listening..........Uwe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael leitner
France
Maisons-Alfort
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The awser is on the website of Academy Games : april 2012 !

;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new components/updated version looks great. I'll be picking this up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bogen
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply!

Info on the release is not on the following:

Not on their main 2nd edition page:
http://academy-games.com/games/conflict-of-heroes/awakening-...

Not on their main COH page:
http://academy-games.com/games/conflict-of-heroes

Not on the 2nd edition pre-order page:
https://academy-games.com/pre-order-awakening-the-bear-2nd-e...

FINALLY found it here, however, after reading your post:
http://academy-games.com/academy-games-catalogue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zimmer
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Uwe told me today that the files were going to the printer this month and to expect it by May...May is the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the translations into French and Spanish need more time. So that is holding up the printing a bit. Pavlos has done incredible work on the overall look of the new firefight book, aligning it with the look of the Guadalcanal firefight book.

We are also updating the look of the game cards. I may post some pictures to get your input into them. We are trying to make them easier to read (well they were easy to read already), by adding colored symbols for the different type of actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, should we create a new 2nd Edition page on BGG? Were we can post new pictures of the components? I would like your advice on this.
Thanks,
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zimmer
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes Sir! I (I'm Sure WE) would love to see them -And Thanks for the fast email response today ***Feels good to have it all paid for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, +1 for new pictures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai von der Aa
Germany
Nuremberg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also would like to see a own page for the 2nd edition. If that won't be done, something could get complicated in the board while discussing units, maps, rules clarifications and whatever.

Even if it is only a second edition, the differences are an own page worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm hard to say. Lately this debate was raised for to high profile games that got 2nd upgrades. War of the Ring, and A Game of Thrones both of which I own now. They just hit in December. War of the Ring 2nd edition did not get a new page or entry because they did not want to split the forum community. Most 1st edition players will probably buy the updated cards anyway so the forum may as well just stay united. A Game of Thrones on the other hand did get a new 2nd edition page and a separate forum. While the changed were greater for this game some do not like the split forum. And where does that leave AtB? Well for a good two years now AtB players that have just got the game and come here are told all the time to read either the SoS rules or the Reference rules. So in a sense the AtB forum has been 2nd edition for quite some time. We have had the new counters and the new cards from SoS imported into our AtB game. So when May comes around will it be an entirely new game for those of us who already got SoS and PoH? The answer is simply no. Having more firefights in the book is nothing to make a new page over. Besides extra firefights have been on the website for a while for download. Another point do you want AtB to be listed twice in the rankings? It could hurt it. Then again if enough copies sell it may move above 1st editions spot on the list. I do not really care to much if a new entry and forum is opened. I can live with either result. But if a new page is opened I will ignore the forum for the 1st edition after that and only read and post in the 2nd editions. And perhaps many other vet players will as well. That could only hurt newbies seeking answers in the old forum. What would be best is if that forum was just locked and posters are told to move to the new one, but Board Game Geek does not do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Mattel Electronics Presents
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just my $0.02.. I prefer having one spot to look for a game's forums, pics, files, etc. Each game already has a "versions" section which is designed to distinguish between different editions, language versions, etc. IMO the only time a game should warrant an entirely new entry is when there are significant changes to the rules or perhaps a drastic change is the components/gameplay(although this in not always the case as seen in recent examples).

I'd say just post the new pics and everything else on the existing page, this is the way it's been handled for most upgrades of this kind in the past. There is very little if any confusion regarding which edition the content is referring to, and perhaps little to no benefit in marketing the new version either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai von der Aa
Germany
Nuremberg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I see your points and my mind changed --> Because the 2nd edition shouldn't be a new or redone game, just a "pimped" version, an own page would be too much.

My point with complicating things with both versions on one page now turned against me: Splitting up the versions on two pages will things make complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. So we stay with this one page for now, until Jesse changes all of our minds again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I see April in reference to a wargame release date I immediately start thinking....yah....April 50th or 80th (May or June). But I can wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard, you make a good point, since now I am waiting for the translations from our partners in various languages. But I promise you that this game will ship on time on OR BEFORE April 2015.
Never let it be said that I am wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
Richard, you make a good point, since now I am waiting for the translations from our partners in various languages. But I promise you that this game will ship on time on OR BEFORE April 2015.
Never let it be said that I am wrong!

Great! 2015...if I live that long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If only we had AI now.
HAL would you proof and translate all the rules of CoH for me.
No problem Dave.
HAL please have them ready and printed for me within a day.
As you wish Dave.

If only it was that easy hey Uwe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL. Yes, it would be very helpful. But I will be uploading the new rules soon. I am very close to finishing them.

I got nothing done today, since I was dead tired. The highway patrol called me at 3:30am concerning a hit deer. I crawled out of bed, collected my knives, hatchet, gloves and water, then headed out to a lonely stretch of road along highway 600.

A nice doe. Field dressed it in the dark without cutting myself. And the sheriff did not give me a ticket for pulling a trailer with no lights! Overall a good day. Hello venison steaks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Imhoff
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's commitment. shake We have grocery stores here, big and shiny full of meat.
Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The words of one who has never tasted venison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uwe here is a new counter I made for you. May it bring you much venison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, I love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
"I am living off the government tit! Sucking it dry!"
(since 1970)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.