Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy of this from Amazon.de. Looking for English rules, they are not listed on the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hafen
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you receive it yet? I bought a copy here in Germany, and it comes with English rules, so you should be OK.

Edit: I just re-checked, and realized that it was a different game that I received in the same order that had English rules in it that I hadn't expected. This comes with 4 sets of rules, none of them in English. The rules are pretty simple. If there are enough people out there who need them in English, I could put together a translation and post it. If there are any of you out there, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the offer Tyler. Here's hoping enough people step forward. I got two copies of Dr. Shark to try out in a few schools with students and am just sitting on them until then.

I will probably spend an afternoon with Google Translate to work them out if needed.

A tip for your offer though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hafen
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played it for the first time yesterday. I, my wife, and my 7 year old daughter all loved it. A really original game.

The rules are really quite simple. Would you like me to just put together a simple summary of the mechanics? I could probably post something in the next day or two. Or if you've tried Google translate and aren't clear about something, let me know.

So I guess this hasn't been released in the U.S. yet, since there appears to be no English translation. That's too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An overview of play would be great and help clear up any question I have when I get a chance to google translate. I will probably do paste-up for one of the sets of rules since these get loaned out to classrooms and many teachers in the United States are not familiar with our hobby.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hafen
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

I've submitted an overview of the rules in English. This is my first time submitting a file, so I don't know how long it will take to get approved, but hopefully it will show up on the Dr. Shark page soon. It's a bit long. Although the rules are very simple, it's difficult to describe them without all of the illustrations in the rulebook. The main thing is knowing how to do each of the possible search actions. If anything in it is not clear, let me know. Enjoy the game. It's great fun for kids, and I loved it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hafen
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

Hurrican just sent me a pdf of the official rulebook in English, and gave me permission to post it. I just uploaded it, so it should be online in the next couple of days. I think you'll probably find it easier to follow than my description, what with the illustrations and all. So if you haven't had a chance to play it yet, you will now be able to do it knowing you're using the official rules. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.