Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are having our monthly Family Game day in Kanata on Sunday, January 8th. We will have board games and card games for all ages and toys and activities for the younger kids and you are welcome to bring your own games as well.

We're going to do things a bit differently this time so we've changed the time to be from 3 to 7 and we will have pizza available at around 5. If you are thinking of coming, please let me know, either on this thread or by sending me a GeekMail, so I will know how much pizza to bring. Also, I'm asking for those who want pizza to provide $2 per person, if they are able. If pizza is not to your liking, you are welcome to bring other food. There are ovens and microwaves available at the church.

What: Family Games Day and Pizza
Where: Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church
46 Castlefrank Rd.
When: January 8th. 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Any comments or suggestion are welcome. Hope to see you there,
Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Mike

How young is young?

Would like to introduce my wife to these game sessions but there would be a concern if this would be suited for us to bring our 2 1/2 year-old along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had kids that young come out before so I think it would be OK. I usually bring a tub of duplo and a few other toys that can entertain the younger kids and there's lots of space for the kids to run around if they need to as well. My daughter is 5 so, while she does play a game or two, she usually ends up playing with toys or doing a craft of some sort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son Owen (8) and I are strong possibilities. I will confirm later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope I am not too late to get in on the pizza.

Owen and I will be there. He wants to bring his copy of Summoner Wars and would love to see Pitch Car in action if it is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not too late. My boys love Summoner Wars. I see you have the Master Set. Perhaps I'll bring our decks along to see how the old compares to the new. Pitch Car is already packed up and ready to go. See you this afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike, thanks for putting this together. We had a blast and Owen really enjoyed getting to play games against someone other than his old man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My pleasure. It was great you and Owen could come out. Owen did a great job teaching Dixit: Odyssey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvalenta wrote:
My pleasure. It was great you and Owen could come out. Owen did a great job teaching Dixit: Odyssey.

Double and triple thank you, the only problem with introducing Baylen to Dixit is that now he wants to know why we don't own that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, all told, we had 23 people come out for our family game day and pizza. The adults were outnumbered with 11 adults and 12 kids but we managed to hold our own ;-). I saw a lot of great games being played like PitchCar, Tumblin-Dice, Summoner Wars: Master Set, Alien Frontiers, King of Tokyo, Ascending Empires, Ch√Ęteau Roquefort, Bobbin' Bumblebee, Ligretto, Sorry! Sliders and the previously mentioned Dixit: Odyssey. All in all, I would say it was a great day. Thanks to everyone who participated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Owen would like to send this message:

your welcome i had fun playing dixit with evrybody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.