Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Haddow
United Kingdom
Leigh-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I managed to get a number of plays in over the holidays for this excellent SOS title and came across the following situation. Yudenich(on PG side) was in Ankara when the Bolshevik Revolution occurred. Does the removal of the front return the Strategic Sites of Ankara and Erzerum to Turkish control for National will calculation? I played that it did so, reckoning that they were no longer under Allied control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the way I play it since the Russian marker is not on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Leviloff
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Rob,

Sorry for the delay. I was on a trip to the Middle East (I did travel along the Arab track for a while). National Will would be recomputed without those strategic sites lost as the Russians have abandoned them. In the rare event that the Russians exit the war and re-enter (the Bolshevik revolution precedes the Provisional revolution), those could be re-captured, but I believe the Russians return at Space 5 of the Track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Haddow
United Kingdom
Leigh-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Darin,
Thanks for the clarification. I am really enjoying this particular incarnation of the SOS series. Lots of narrative and a near permanent feeeling of trouble brewing just over the next sand dune. I look forward to playing Habsburg Eclipse when it is published. Until then I shall keep trying to add to my solitary win in OT ( lucky rolls on the Offboard battles and Kaiserschlacht as the last card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.