BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Good Board Games With Trading rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Jacobs
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Nothing gives me more joy and feeling of depth in a game then being able to gather resources and/or trade goods with neighboring nations. The feeling of getting richer and richer by the turn is part of the driving point behind it, but ultimately it's just the thrill of acquiring new things and finding ways to benefit off of it cool.

caravancaravancaravancaravancaravanmintcamellimecamel

redtraingreentrainbluetrainyellowtrainblacktrainpurpletrainredtraingreentrainbluetrainyellowtrain blacktrainpurpletrainwhitetrain

What's your favorite board game with trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merchant of Venus is my favourite but The Business Game gets played a lot. Masterpiece is also worth a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geschichte wrote:

This.

Forgot this one, yep its very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Jacobs
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
It's a shame they can't reprint that edition of Civilization. When you go to it's page here on Board Game Geek they give a link to the new Fantasy Flight Sid Meier's Civilization game under available store copies, while the other one is a sold out edition of an older print line. If they refreshed the game, I bet it would sell quickly because it always seems to be on top of many "best of" board game lists. I also know, without even knowing the details, it's probably better than Sid Meier's Civilization the board game (not that it's bad, just not the best in the genre).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Catan is still one of my favorites, mostly because of the trading aspect which is so rare to find in other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JinseiNGC224 wrote:
It's a shame they can't reprint that edition of Civilization. When you go to it's page here on Board Game Geek they give a link to the new Fantasy Flight Sid Meier's Civilization game under available store copies, while the other one is a sold out edition of an older print line. If they refreshed the game, I bet it would sell quickly because it always seems to be on top of many "best of" board game lists. I also know, without even knowing the details, it's probably better than Sid Meier's Civilization the board game (not that it's bad, just not the best in the genre).

I can tell you its better then Sid Meier's Civilization: The Boardgame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:

Catan is still one of my favorites, mostly because of the trading aspect which is so rare to find in other games.

Its not bad, but the luck ellement is a bit high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
lordrahvin wrote:

True, me and my group tends to prefer games that play with probability and have a "risk management" element to them. I should consider getting a microbadge for that.

We modified Cities & Knights to add a random variable to the barbarian invasions.

I'd love to try out more trading games, but am a bit leery after acquiring Andromeda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohnanza
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.R. Shoenberger
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really love Chinatown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bosca
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
resist.
badge
Eternity, said Frankie Lee with a voice as cold as ice; That's right, said Judas Priest, eternity, though you might call it paradise...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oltre Mare

Genoa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Ad Astra - Settlers done right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Wealth of Nations

and Agree with the suggestion of

Genoa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohnanza - It's one of the purest trading games out there and our favorite back home.

Mundus Novus is currently on second place before Catan. I only played Mundus Novus two times so far - so it's too early for a definitive comparison with Settlers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
lordrahvin wrote:

Get the expansion that replaces the dice with cards.
It's a 36 card deck, so there's a perfect distribution of "rolls" over the course of the deck.

Keeps the randomness, but eliminates the actual luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
lordrahvin wrote:

Get the expansion that replaces the dice with cards.
It's a 36 card deck, so there's a perfect distribution of "rolls" over the course of the deck.

Keeps the randomness, but eliminates the actual luck.

And really depressing knowing that you have half a deck to go with almost zero chance that you will progress much further due to most of the numbers you need went early in the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Heynes
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More or less depressing than being on a 6 or an 8 hex and having it only come up a handful of times in the whole game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Wernig
Austria
Villach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yesterday I played Chinatown for the first time and I really have to say I love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.