Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a set of cards today, probably around 1500 in total, and wondered what the best thing to do with them is. There are a lot of duplicate commons, and the collecion spans at least 2 editions as i have the same cards with slightly different colours/different years on the bottom.

I therefore am looking to offload a large amount of commons, but also wondering if anything i have is worth anything, is there a list somewhere with the cards i should ve looking out for?

In the meantime i'll download the rules and sort out the cards i have .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are one lucky son of a gun! I might be interested in your duplicate cards if you are wanting to get rid of them. As far as cards to look out for, I know that Liscia Theirese goes for big bucks on ebay (I read that one sold for $130 on ebay a few years back). I also believe that Lady Jessica, Piter de Vries, and Thufir Hawat (the latter 2 being from the Thunder at Twilight set I believe) are worth a bit.

aAside from all this, keep your eyes open for the rares. Have you looked at the card lists? You can find them online easily.

Hmmm, I just saw this website:http://www.rarityguide.com/forums/ebay/15739367-rare-liscia-theirese-dune-collectible-card-game-eye-storm.html

Liscia is "only" going for around $40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, seems as though all of the rares have been removed... ...

There looks to be around 400 uncommons, and about 3x that in commons. Also, i had a look on the library website and can't really understand the rarity of the blue cards as they seem to be 'random' or 'set' which doesn't help much ...

I guess i'll put some of the commons multiples on ebay and see what 200 randoms go for, and go from there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you see this list?

http://www.arrakis.co.uk/5ring.html

You can access lists for each set from there.

My understanding of the lists is that cards are Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Imperial - with rarity going from lowest to highest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpmarchant wrote:
Did you see this list?

http://www.arrakis.co.uk/5ring.html

You can access lists for each set from there.

My understanding of the lists is that cards are Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Imperial - with rarity going from lowest to highest.

Thanks JP...

All my cards are from this set although most are 1997, some are 1998..

http://www.arrakis.co.uk/eots.html

I have the Dune Fiefs 1-6, a lot of the charters 13-30, and none of the allies 14-60, and then pretty much all the commons and uncommons from 67 onwards...

So, without any of the Homeworlds and important Allies it's probably unplayable and i should look at selling and trading it all?

I assume it's worth a bit as it's all pretty rare now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, what you could do is try to find scanned images of your missing cards, print them off and put them all in sleeves; you could play with them then.

Another option would be to try to find someone to sell them to. I might be interested in buying some of them off of you. After being away from the hobby for many years (and getting rid of all my cards) I am trying to get back into it and I would like to get complete sets. The first thing I am doing is that I am going to be buying a big batch of the cards in the next few weeks. There will probably be a lot of cards that I am missing, so I will most likely be interested in seeing what you have to sell.

Your last option is ebay, but I don't think you'll get much for your commons and uncommons. Sure, the game is rare nowadays because the amount of cards in circulation is low; unfortunately demand for the cards is also low! Have a look on ebay to see what other people are selling - there are currently a few sellers trying to sell batches of their commons and it doesn't look like they're getting much in the way of bites. I've been following some of these sales for awhile, and some of the sellers just keep having to relist their stuff...

If I were you I would try for the first option. Try to find your missing cards and print them off. Then get some people to play with you and you supply them with the decks. (Finding and printing off the missing cards will probably be easier than finding people to play this great game with you unfortunately!). This was such a great game and it is a shame that it died...the world could use more Dune players!

JP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, i have over 20-30 of some of the commons, so going to see if anyone is interested in playsets of them first to clear out the extras and see where we are after that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take note that a lot of commons means that you can create a lot of different decks. You could easily make 7-8 decks for Dune, one per faction, and then have something you can bring to the table to play with your friends, while also providing quite a lot of choice. Having many cards available, will give you leeway in balancing those decks with each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes because Dune is basically a multiplayer game! Best with 3-4 players so it is nice to have many decks ready. I keep 6-7 deck together at this moment and I have to use proxies to some cards because they are needed in so many deck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of posting some deck lists - they are hard to find these days?

Ideally I am looking for preconstructed decks I can use for 3 player games, with people who don't have their own cards and so can't build their own decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
To jpmarchant:
Thanks, pal. This list you linked to was just what I needed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.