Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if someone heard anything. Usually news of the next one was coming pretty soon after the release of a previous title.

Or maybe they are done with the serie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Nicewander
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said in another thread, I think they are focusing on the skirmish game (which has D&D Adventure System cards included for the monsters) for a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised if another game in the series came out this year, but I wouldn't expect any news on this until the middle of the year at the earliest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rodger
Scotland
Inverness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not heard anything but I'm certainly looking forward to the next one when it comes out... I'd love to see one based on the old Finders Stone trilogy or something like that - I always liked the characters in that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff3333 wrote:
Not heard anything but I'm certainly looking forward to the next one when it comes out... I'd love to see one based on the old Finders Stone trilogy or something like that - I always liked the characters in that one.

Finder's Stone! Good call...

Sadly, for that idea, it would most likely tie into a different setting than Forgotten Realms.

CR- ravenloft
WoA- grayhawk
LoD- forgotten realms
Next- ?

Hence all the activity/buzz about a dragonlance one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Kristin L. Johansen
United States
Mountain Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
Happy Holidays!
badge
I swear on my pretty floral bonnet...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh! I want a DragonLance one!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
VikingPrincess wrote:
Oooh! I want a DragonLance one!!!

This - and maybe an expansion for Drizzt? Would love to see more stuff for that game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rodger
Scotland
Inverness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
virferrorum wrote:
jeff3333 wrote:

Finder's Stone! Good call...

Sadly, for that idea, it would most likely tie into a different setting than Forgotten Realms.

CR- ravenloft
WoA- grayhawk
LoD- forgotten realms
Next- ?

Hence all the activity/buzz about a dragonlance one.

Never even occurred to me that WoA was Greyhawk but I guess that makes total sense. Does this mean there's a Dark Sun one on the horizon too?

I guess I'll just have to wait for Alias and the others to turn up then..shame as it seems perfect for a series of adventures (not sure how they'd do the maps though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D6Frog wrote:

#1 Peter Lee said he wants to make the game badly. But he can't figure out a way to do it in one box there are so many figs he wants to use.

I think one box is the way to go and I think the best DL setting option would be Xak Tsaroth. It keeps the 'dungeon/hall' feel of the other games, but the tile artwork would be ruins. Keeps the games compatible.

Personally, as much as some may want it, I'd rather them not try to take the series outside. KISS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swingler
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the series would work as well in an outside setting, even though it'd add some freshness and versitility to the game series.

A Dragonlance theme would be excellent and probably the only way to make me part with any more money for yet another box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
evil bob
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My local gaming store clerk mentioned to me that they definitely had another sequel and even told me the title, although I have since forgotten. He said he saw it at a trade show, but didn't get to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He might be thinking of the upcoming skirmish games that tie into these products as well as work by themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
evil bob
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's certainly possible. He described it as the 4th in the boardgame series, but it's certainly possible he was mistaken or confused it with another game. I'll check next time I visit the store and see if I can get the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be Lords of Waterdeep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
evil bob
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that was it! And looking at the link, that game seems pretty unrelated to these. (For one, it doesn't seem like a co-op game.)

Thanks for the link! I'd say my store clerk was indeed confused.

Edit: Here's a pic of that game (showing it clearly unrelated):
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/intheworks_20120109_5.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.