Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a climbing game to play with my two youngins, aged 4 and 6. They are not ready for Tichu, but can handle most games that say 8+ years on the box. I fear that the correct answer here is Frank's Zoo, but for some reason that game rubs me the wrong way. I think I dislike that game's complicated hierarchical tree. Any other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington

Long Island City
New York
msg tools
Re: Ladder climbing game for young children

Gotta look at The Climbers - simple, pretty, fast, definitely made for all ages.

FAIR DISCLOSURE - I am acquaintences with Mark Salzwedel, the designer/publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha ha, yes that certainly is a ladder climbing game. However, I mean card "ladder climbing" games such as Tichu and Gang of Four.

I wonder if Great Dalmuti would be their speed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:
I fear that the correct answer here is Frank's Zoo

I clicked on the link to add this as well...I think the cards describe things pretty well.

I look forward to other ideas...thanks for posting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington

Long Island City
New York
msg tools

Sorry, I'm honestly not at all familiar with that particular mechanic as a game genre or title for same - it was a sincere recommendation, but yes, given what you really wanted, a good laugh is about what it's good for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebekah B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the absence of other recommendations, I'll offer up Mountain Climber, which is played with my Four Operations Math Deck, available as PnP or through ArtsCow. It's a math game, though, so it really depends on their abilities in that area (and could be seen as a benefit or a drawback!). It's unlikely to be appropriate for the 4yo, but the 6yo might be able to handle it. However, the deck can also be used to play some other math and number games, including one that could be played with the 4yo.

The Mountain Climber rules are for 2-player only, but they could easily be adapted for a 3rd player. If there's any interest, just let me know and I can send instructions for the 3-player rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.