Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan c marquez
Mexico
ZAPOPAN
JALISCO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My only deck building game is dominion, but the other day I saw Tom Vassel´s video of the epic variant for thunderstone (I have not played thunderstone). But has anyone tried to make an "epic" variant for dominion? I have the dominion, intrige, seaside and prosperity and thought it would be nice to have another way to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the epic variant for Thunderstone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/739695/why-no-epic-domin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Wintermute
United States
Ft Meade
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaahhh thanks for the link... and now we know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan c marquez
Mexico
ZAPOPAN
JALISCO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the post! I still think it would be great if in the near future there were some variants on how to play the game, not just more expansions that are basically new cards with different mechanics. But still love to play the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic Dominion wouldn't work as well as it does for thunderstone (as the link above shows. But if you are interested the promo card Black market adds a variant that would be like mini epic dominon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The thing that makes Dominion fun and keeps it worth playing over and over is that each set of 10 Kingdom Cards plays differently. Mix everything together at random, and it plays the same each time - and that single fixed playstyle is a very random one in which it is impossible to form cohesive strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
Australia
flag msg tools
I recently played a game where the only way to end the game was to empty all the Victory piles. We purposefully designed a half-Basic, half-Prosperity supply to be suitably epic. (Chapel, city, king's court, smithy etc)
It didn't take as long as we had expected and was massive fun! Give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.