Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I'm a newbie here

after paying the mana - do we need to reroll the paid mana dice?

can another player use the paid mana again?

and, I suppose this does not count as the one use of mana from the source per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8128581#8128581

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer quickly in this thread, Crystallize doesn't change any of the rules of the game. It doesn't tell you where to get the mana you use. If you get it from the source, you reroll it at the end of your turn as per normal, and it counts as the one per turn you can take from there. Once mana is used, it is gone. So I can't understand what you mean by "can another player use the paid mana again?" Clearly not, as it has been used. Perhaps you are confusing "mana" and "mana die." The dice in the source represent potential mana. Once taken, they become mana, at which point they may be used immediately (but not held from turn to turn like crystals). At the end of one's turn, the die is rerolled. This represents new mana being generated in the source to replace that which was used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks this answered my question. The paid die is rerolled again after being used if one uses it to pay for the crystal as required by the action cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlaada Chvatil
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
thisaliensean wrote:
Thanks this answered my question. The paid die is rerolled again after being used if one uses it to pay for the crystal as required by the action cards.

I will rather clarify: you can use only one die from the source, unless cards explicitely allows you to use or manipulate extra mana die.

The fact the card requires you to pay mana DOES NOT allow you to use extra mana die. You can use mana gained by any way for it (for example from glade, from another card, unit or skill token, or even from a crystal, although it does not make sense in most cases), including mana gained from a mana die. However, if you use a mana die to pay for the Crystalize effect, you cannot use another die from the source that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.