Wallingford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I need some help figuring this card out. It reads:

The Enemy card wrote:
For Each - Ticker
If a COG figure is within 1 movement: Move into his area and then attack him. Resolve the Ticker's triggered ability regardless of the roll.

Otherwise:
Move 3 areas toward the nearest COG figure

If no Tickers in play, draw a new AI card.

I had it where 2 tickers were 1 space away from me, so they both moved in. I did not have any Guard reaction cards, so they both attacked me. This is where I got confused.

Ticker 1:
I used a Dodge ability (+2 defense die) for a total of 3; the results were 1 shield and 2 blanks. The Ticker did 2 Omens and 1 wound. The Omens Deal 1 wound to each COG in the area (ignoring defense dice). I took 2 automatic damage from the 2 omens, but the 1 damage was blocked by my shield. I then gave myself an extra because of the AI card says to trigger the ability anyway regardless of the roll (not so sure of this).

After Ticker 1 attacked, it dealt 1 wound to each figure in its area due to its enemy card description. So an extra 1 for me, and then 1 to the other ticker, which then also blew up for 1 more damage to me.

So in the end, I took 5 damage. Was this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite. You do the AI stuff per figure, not move both, then attack both. So after the first Ticker moved in, attacked and blew in your face, the second would've only then moved in, thus not died to the initial Ticker's boom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Nguyen
United States
Wallingford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very good point, thank you for that. how about the "Resolve the Ticker's triggered ability regardless of the roll" part? Adding that extra damage after already taking 2 from the rolled Omens doesn't feel right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say Omens or no Omens on the roll, you still take one extra damage from the attack (plus one for the Ticker going boom) so minimum of two damage that can't be negated.

There's a reason Tickers are at the top of my most hated Locust list. The "no guard" AI card doesn't really smooth things for them either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd say that regardless, you only do the triggered ability once. It's just that it will trigger whether you roll an Omen or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Yeah, I'd say that regardless, you only do the triggered ability once. It's just that it will trigger whether you roll an Omen or not.
I disagree. Some triggered abilities say to only do them once per attack, but not the Tickers'. Two Omens should generally cause a Triggered ability twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, if the Ticker rolls 3 Omens, you're taking 5 unavoidable damage (3 for Omens, one for AI card "Omen" and one for Ticker going boom).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Yep, if the Ticker rolls 3 Omens, you're taking 5 unavoidable damage (3 for Omens, one for AI card "Omen" and one for Ticker going boom).

Does the ticker always do the extra damage after attacking, though? IIRC, the card reads something like this:

The ticker is killed after attacking.

If the ticker is killed for another reason (aside from a bolo grenade), deal 1 wound to every other figure in its area.

I interpreted this to mean that the ticker only deals the extra wound if it dies for any reason OTHER than after its attack, and that the normal attack damage (and the possible Omen effect) is already the result of its going "boom." This means that the "boom" can be dodged entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Agerkvist
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's how I interpreted it aswell, but afternoon reading a few threads I'm really unsure.

Can anyone clarify? ☺️

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.