Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Movement:
If I have 8 units in one location, why can i not just move 4 and than 4 after that (even to the same location). Do not see this forbidden in the rules.I know this does not make any sense but I want to understand moving

Castle with Sanada:
If I attack 3 blocks and one retreats, what happens to Sanada (Besiege starts?)

Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Zacharjasz
Poland
Jablonna
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No road segment may be traversed by more than one stack per Movement Phase.
You can split one big stack into two or more smaller stacks but they need to travel via different roads.

second question. If you attack location with 3 blocks and you win all defeated blocks will retreat. If no more than two left after battle - they can retreat into castle (siege). If more than two they all need to retreat into different location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Abel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Because you can't use the same piece of road twice. If you want to send all 8 over that stretch of road, you'll pay a movement penalty. But you're fine if you move four blocks over it and another 4 in another direction.

-- too slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But on a highway it should be no problem shouldn't it?

For Retreat Question: I meant it because the disc "was left" is it besieged or destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lenz
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the one unit of block(s) per road segment move rule is easliy forgotten and does change the dynamic of the game if you forgo this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh maybe I misunderstood ROAD as only the "road" and not including the highways (with +1 movement) am I right?whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highways have the same one-stack limit. (Edit: check 7.3.1 Movement in General, "Blocks move along roads from one location to another.")

Since it hasn't been addressed directly: if your three blocks are driven away from the castle, leaving the Sanada disc on its own, a siege begins. Discs need to be destroyed in battle exactly like blocks, but cannot fight back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
:-) cool everything as I thought it would make sense....thanks a lot everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1rr1tated wrote:
Discs need to be destroyed in battle exactly like blocks

To be exact, Disks can only be destroyed during a siege, never a battle.
8.9.3 Disks wrote:
Only the results of a siege can affect the disk, never a battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Treadway
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
"second question. If you attack location with 3 blocks and you win all defeated blocks will retreat. If no more than two left after battle - they can retreat into castle (siege). If more than two they all need to retreat into different location."

I think if you have more than two blocks that must retreat, you can leave up to two of them in the castle and retreat the remainder to a single other location, correct?

From 8.8.4-
"If a castle is a valid retreat destination, the retreating player may leave up to two blocks in it. If there are more blocks remaining, these must retreat elsewhere, as a group."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

toddtreadway wrote:
"second question. If you attack location with 3 blocks and you win all defeated blocks will retreat. If no more than two left after battle - they can retreat into castle (siege). If more than two they all need to retreat into different location."

I think if you have more than two blocks that must retreat, you can leave up to two of them in the castle and retreat the remainder to a single other location, correct?

From 8.8.4-
"If a castle is a valid retreat destination, the retreating player may leave up to two blocks in it. If there are more blocks remaining, these must retreat elsewhere, as a group."

You are correct. You can always leave two blocks (+ disc) in a castle while retreating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.