Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Sargent
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
People care what Alan Colmes has to say? When did this start happening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With respect to Santorum and his dead baby: hey, I have no problem with them doing whatever they want to do. I can't imagine going through that sort of thing, and if it got them through the day, it got them through the day, and that is fine. I think it's creepy, but it's not my dead baby.

But it didn't end there, did it? No, Rick Santorum decided to use it as part of his political message to demonstrate how pious he is. Guess what: your right to privacy and lack of judgement about your life choices shrinks sharply when you make those life choices public and proof of your qualifications for office. And if Rick Santorum wants the world to know he's an awesome person because he took his dead baby home, it's quite acceptable for others to say "no, that's not awesome. That's creepy."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to turn the world on its ear and agree with BJ here. Sure, it's kind of a weird story and I think Santorum is a disgusting human being for trotting out his dead son for political points, but Colmes didn't call him on that. Colmes took a dirty cheap shot, made a horrible and insensitive joke of a dead baby, and all solely for sensationalism.

Sure, Colmes is hardly what most liberals would consider a liberal. Sure, BJ and his crew would have no problem with this if the political affiliations were reversed. Sure, conservatives say shitty, fucked-up things about liberals all the time. And sure, Santorum made this whole thing public knowledge for his own political gain and as a result should be a big boy about taking criticism.

I get that.

I also think if you're going to use any or all of those excuses in this conversation you have to accept them the next time one of our righty friends here uses them to defend something horrible someone said about Obama or to claim that Limbaugh "doesn't speak for real republicans." Let go of the partisanship and admit it--Colmes is a shitbag, and this was a fucked up way to go after someone, no matter how deserving they might be.

(And fuck everyone for making me defend BJ!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree this is a prety tastless and nasty little dig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bjlillo wrote:

This guy is a nothing candidate who lost badly in his Senate re-election bid in Pennsylvania. Is the left really this desperate and despicable that they resort to these tactics right away? I just don't get it.

It's easy enough to find bad things to have Rick say about himself, from my perspective. It's like, "roll the tape".

We shouldn't have to make ...Santorum... up. (see that double entendre?!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine that, someone on Fox news said something terrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bosca
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
resist.
badge
Eternity, said Frankie Lee with a voice as cold as ice; That's right, said Judas Priest, eternity, though you might call it paradise...
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

This guy is a nothing candidate who lost badly in his Senate re-election bid in Pennsylvania. Is the left really this desperate and despicable that they resort to these tactics right away? I just don't get it.

It's easy enough to find bad things to have Rick say about himself, from my perspective. It's like, "roll the tape".

We shouldn't have to make ...Santorum... up. (see that double entendre?!)

Reminds me of John Stewart's rant against (was it Time's?) "crazy" Michele Bachmann photo. Why bother? Just wait long enough and they'll do all the discrediting *for themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I don't think this is about liberals being desperate. I know a lot more liberals who would love to see Santorum get the nomination (since then Obama wins re-election) than are "worried" about him. Thus, even though I didn't find him unintelligible (it sure sounded like "black" to me) and even though I think his response to the issue makes it almost certain that he did indeed say "black", I'd be surprised to see any serious efforts being made to bring him down.

Thus, it's no surprise to hear that the attacks we do see are from the professional "angry" crowd. Colmes was always a third-rate Hannity, but more to the point his whole job (and the job of his "profession") is finding things to say, preferably things that will arouse a strong response -- positive or negative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
God's own pizza!

bjlillo wrote:

There is no left tactics... you are talking about the DNC (the other right wing party in the USA).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.