Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
United States
Martville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I moved all my troop chits onto a territory bordering an ocean. An adjacent territory had nothing on it, so I need 2 chits to move in. Can I push all (except for the ones I needed for the first territory) onto this, and then attack a further adjacent territory from here on this turn? Or must all my attacks on the first turn take place from the first territory I started on...

On my first turn I sent a pile of troops on a run right across the map, like when you got to cash in cards in risk for a pile of armies, and roll from the us up over greenland, and down into europe. I realized later this may have been cheating, but wasn't quite sure..

any help out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughan Cockell
United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, don't approach this like risk where you move armies round the board, the game works differently.

Pick up all the tokens you are not leaving on the board to hold territories you want to keep. then place from your hand the tokens needed to take tyhe territories you want, 2 for an empty, more if there are already tokens on the space.

You are not "advancing an army" like in risk, you are "expanding a people", and you do all this from your hand, not the board directly.

Once you have done all you can, you can then move tiles around territories you hold, not leaving any empty.

I hope this clarifies things a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phacops wrote:
So I moved all my troop chits onto a territory bordering an ocean. An adjacent territory had nothing on it, so I need 2 chits to move in. Can I push all (except for the ones I needed for the first territory) onto this, and then attack a further adjacent territory from here on this turn? Or must all my attacks on the first turn take place from the first territory I started on...
On your turn, you take all your chits -- except one for each region that you wish to retain -- into your hand. (This is important; unlike Risk, troops with which you can attack do not "occupy" a region during your turn.)

Each attack is then carried out as a single 3-step atomic sequence of actions, as follows:
1) Choose a region that you do not control, that is adjacent to a region that you do control.
2) Place a number of your troop tokens equal to 2 + the number of pieces of cardboard currently in that region (be they enemy troop tokens, mountain tokens, Lost Tribe tokens, Bivouacs, whatever) into that region. (If you do not have enough troop tokens, but have at least 1, you may roll the Reinforcement Die to try to make up the difference.)
3) Remove any troop tokens that are not yours from the region. Place 1 in the Supply. If any remain, return them to the player that controls them.

If you did not roll the Reinforcement Die for this attack, have at least 1 troop token left in your hand, and wish to keep conquering regions this turn, you may return to step 1 at this point and repeat the process. (And yes, because you now control the region you just conquered, regions adjacent to it are now open for conquest.) Otherwise, you may redistribute your troops as you wish throughout the regions that you control, score victory points and end your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That first turn you should have taken over a bunch of stuff... 2 here.. 3 there... those have to stay there as you are expanding your people.. soon you are left with none in your hand.. or maybe one.. if you have one, put it somewhere that you want to expand to and roll the die... add that to your one (or two if you were expanding into someone else's space).. if you roll well, you get that territory too.. if not.. just put the guy somewhere else... then re distribute your guys to the places you now occupy.. beef up the spots you think others will want..

oh.. don't forget to count the coins you now get... and don't forget to move the turn marker next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
This question has been asked ad nauseum in the forums.
Please look things up in the future before adding to the clutter.

And if you really want to be helpful, make the title of the post something searchable/useful such as "Initial Conquest" or "Does Conquest Work Like Risk?"

We are here to help, but on the flip side, we have already helped...dozens of times. A forum is not only a place to voice your concerns/questions, but also a resource to be used to help yourself. If a game has been out for more than 6 months, you can bet every question has already been asked. (We are "geeks" after all.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.