Nick Fleece
United States
New Baltimore
MI
flag msg tools
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the easiest way to get the mini expansions without buying duplicates? I would like to eventually get most of them but i am not sure what compiliations to get (Cult, Siege, and Creativity, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big box +
Carcassonne: Corn Circles, Plague & Tunnels (to come in 2012)
or buy one basic game and paste p&p titles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of mini expansions out there and some are compiled while others are not. If you don't yet have Carcassonne (or at least none of the expansions), get the Big Box 2. It includes Count, King & Cult, an otherwise German-only compilation that includes Count, King, River II, and The Cults. Even if you don't buy Big Box 2, I'd still recommend importing it if you can find it cheap enough. It's a nice set (download the Big Box 2 rules from RGG's website if you go this route).

Wait for Corn Circles, Plague and Tunnels set (as noted above) to get those three.

Everything else is sold separately:
• The River (I) – Sold as box
• Games Quarterly – Sold only with magazine. Check ebay.
• Cathars – Very rare. Instead buy...
• Cult, Siege & Creativity – Sold as box. You get an extra cult tile and the four Cathar tiles with different graphics.
• The Phantom – Sold separately
• The Celebration – Sold only with Carcassonne 10th Anniversary Edition
• The School – Should be at BGG Store in a few days (after Jan. 8th)
• Meeple Stickers – Also should be at BGG Store shortly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RogertheDumpling wrote:
What is the easiest way to get the mini expansions without buying duplicates? I would like to eventually get most of them but i am not sure what compiliations to get (Cult, Siege, and Creativity, etc.).

The abby and the mayor is 3 mini expansions in one and they can be played seperatly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
bmwrider wrote:
The abby and the mayor is 3 mini expansions in one and they can be played seperatly

Actually, Abbey and Mayor are three stand-alone expansion devices in one. They constitute one full expansion. None of the individual components were released separately and therefore none of them can be considered "mini expansions".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
bmwrider wrote:

Actually, Abbey and Mayor are three stand-alone expansion devices in one. They constitute one full expansion. None of the individual components were released separately and therefore none of them can be considered "mini expansions".

I just ment that the set is like having 3 small expansions in one box, I was not suggesting that they were ever sold by them selves, I think they would be a purchass for the poster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough, but the OP was asking specifically for
RogertheDumpling wrote:
the easiest way to get the mini expansions

which implies the official mini expansions, which Abbey & Mayor is not. Technically, almost all the expansions are composed of mini expansions and I agree that A&M is a good example of one. So, too, is Bridges, Castles & Bazaars. But technically speaking, they are still expansions, not mini expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.