Subject: What is the starting score at the senate? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattia Zabini
Italy
San Giovanni in Persiceto
Bologna
flag msg tools
We played yesterday and one player had just the +4 bonus, while the other had his token on the 4th space of the track. I am asking who is the winner and gets to chose the yellow tablet at the end of the year?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
This is clearly addressed in the rules. The player who is furthest advanced along the senate vote track wins ties. If two players are in the same spot, the person who is on top wins (the last person to enter that space).

The forum tiles which give vote bonuses do not move your marker in the senate. So if one player is on the 4 vote location and the other is on the 0 vote location but has a +4 vote bonus, both players have 4 votes. The winner is the player on the 4 vote location since that player is more advanced along the vote track. This gives the advantage on ties to the player who actually takes the senate action over the player who just got one (or more) of the vote tiles but never actually took the senate action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattia Zabini
Italy
Bologna
flag msg tools
I apologize for not having explained the question properly.
I was asking: what is the value of the starting spot of the senate?
It seems from your answer that the value is 0, is it correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adina
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Everyone starts in the 0 box in the order prescribed in the zero box in the order prescribed by the rules. At each subsequent quarter yesr, the wooden chits are returned to thr zero and re-ordered based on senate win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattia Zabini
Italy
Bologna
flag msg tools
Thanks...couldn't find anywhere in the rules that was the zero box (no number in it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Does this mean that it is possible, if all players remain on the starting spot at the end of the quarter and no one has any senate tiles, for neither bonus tile to be claimed? If that is the case, what would be the significance of disc position in the stack when on the starting spot?
or is it that disc position in the stack on the starting spot resolves ties only when senate tiles are held by players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheIncomparable wrote:
Does this mean that it is possible, if all players remain on the starting spot at the end of the quarter and no one has any senate tiles, for neither bonus tile to be claimed? If that is the case, what would be the significance of disc position in the stack when on the starting spot?
or is it that disc position in the stack on the starting spot resolves ties only when senate tiles are held by players?

You always hand out both bonuses, they never go unclaimed. If no one had moved on the track, and no one had a vote tile, you'd hand out the gold tile to the player on top, and the silver to the 2nd from the top.

Extremely unlikely to ever happen, I'd say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks - Thats how I have been playing it too, just wanted to check.
I agree its rare, but it has happened in a 2 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.