Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Railways of the World core rules say that if you are playing a game with only 2 or 3 players, you reduce the number of cubes placed in each city at the start of the game by 1. The Railways of Mexico rules say that when playing with 2 (emphasis mine) players, you do not do this. Is it appropriate to extrapolate outward and take this to mean that you also do not reduce the amount for 3 players, or is the rulebook purposely written this way so that you DO reduce the number of cubes when playing with 3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would expect that is just a technical oversight. If they are saying not to reduce with 2 then you wouldn't reduce with 3 either. The Mexico map is geared towards a 2-3 player game, so I have to assume the need to reduce cubes is already baked into the map as printed. I presume the rule is there for the larger maps to keep the game time under control with a smaller number of players. This is mainly supposition on my part, so welcome other more conclusive rulings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what the official stance is, but we've never reduced cubes in a two or three player game using the Mexico map and the games still seem quick. I'd hate to think how quickly the game would go if we did reduce some of the cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. You play with cubes as printed on the Mexico map regardless of number of players.

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.