Subject: Some newbie questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,

thanks to John for bringing out this great game! However, after getting into the game's mechanics and basic play I still have some rules issues:

1.) Can a plane use less break factors than stated in the charts? E.g., use only 1 instead of 2, similar to fire factors?

2.) When do I have to announce attitude changes, at the beginning of a turn or beginning of the plane's movement phase?

3.) Are planes allowed to steep dive after a failed maneuver check when steep climbing?

4.) Are high-g turn maneuver checks modified by loading/unloading?

5.) Is the movement of a dual pilot plane affected by a first cockpit hit? Or only when receiving a second one?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, bolero

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, from what I learned from the rules up to now, here are my own suggestions:

1.) Yes, I guess one may use up to the max. brake factors.

2.) Movement phase, as other postings seem to indicate (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/714567/declaring-planes-...). It is inconsistent in the rules, though (see page 9, B. Dive: "...intension of doing so at the beginning of the current turn", C. Climb: "...must be announced at the start of the plane's movement").

3.) It makes sense to allow steep dives, as it is a legal maneuver if only one turn is steep climbed. For steep climbing, it is not possible to switch to steep dives, though (p. 10: "...may fly in any mode other than steep climb or steep dive").

4.) Yes, as any other maneuver check is, it wouldn't make sense, otherwise, right?

5.) Probably ignore first hit, but the corresponding rule is only stated at the paragraph end (page 16: "a dual pilot plane receiving...").

That's how I would interpret the rules, what do you think?

Cheers, Tobi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.