Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Wert
United States
Corydon
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was setting up Scenario 4, just to kind of go through the motions and see the map all set-up while I continue to absorb rules, and I came across a few snags. These questions may be a result of my incomplete rules knowledge or relative newness to wargaming but I tried canvassing the rulebooks to attempt to answer them and couldn't.

In the Axis set-up info it says:
Quote:
Battalion Set Up areas:
II-262: w/i 4 B38.11
Others: w/i 5 B37.05 and/or w/i 4 53.12

So I set-up the rest of the II Battalion that weren't designated any Company Set Up areas, then I read that word "Others".
What does it mean by "Others"? Am I to set up only the few unassigned Companies from the I Battalion that aren't included in the Company Set Up instructions? Or does it mean literally every other Axis Battalion?

Also,
Quote:
Company Set Up areas:
4-1-262: w/i 4 B44.26 (Less 8 Step Losses)

So, considering the 4 Company is composed solely of 3 Mortars and 3 MGs which to my knowledge have 2 steps, then I will have to eliminate some of them?

Edit:
I also had a question about Scenario 1. It says the Soviet reinforcements enter at 0600 but it doesn't say where. (It seems this is true for a few Scenarios)
Anywhere? I assume they enter from the edge of the map?
There are those enigmatic lettered zones on the edge of the map that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere in the rules, do I just use any one of those?

It seems the game is assuming I know/understand things that I do not, having not actually played as of yet, which is fine, I'm normally not one to advocate for games being "dumbed down" for beginners as I like the learning curve, but come on, in order to play I need to set it up, throw me a bone. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joe,

Hohbogehnomoztan wrote:
What does it mean by "Others"? Am I to set up only the few unassigned Companies from the I Battalion that aren't included in the Company Set Up instructions? YES, and ...
Or does it mean literally every other Axis Battalion? ... YES, but not those included in reinforcements table

So, considering the 4 Company is composed solely of 3 Mortars and 3 MGs which to my knowledge have 2 steps, then I will have to eliminate some of them? YES

Anywhere? I assume they enter from the edge of the map?

1.10g All Soviet reinforcements enter
from the north map edge, east of the
Leningrad-Moscow Highway.

There are those enigmatic lettered zones on the edge of the map that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere in the rules, do I just use any one of those?

1.10h All Spanish reinforcements
enter from areas A through D. All non-
Spanish Axis reinforcements enter from
areas E through H. If the Soviets exit an
"intact" (meaning 80% or more of original
steps remaining) Battalion off any of these
areas, that particular area cannot be used by
the Axis player for reinforcements.

F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tamerlan
France
flag msg tools
Hohbogehnomoztan wrote:
I was setting up Scenario 4, just to kind of go through the motions and see the map all set-up while I continue to absorb rules, and I came across a few snags. These questions may be a result of my incomplete rules knowledge or relative newness to wargaming but I tried canvassing the rulebooks to attempt to answer them and couldn't.

In the Axis set-up info it says:
Quote:
Battalion Set Up areas:
II-262: w/i 4 B38.11
Others: w/i 5 B37.05 and/or w/i 4 53.12

So I set-up the rest of the II Battalion that weren't designated any Company Set Up areas, then I read that word "Others".
What does it mean by "Others"? Am I to set up only the few unassigned Companies from the I Battalion that aren't included in the Company Set Up instructions? Or does it mean literally every other Axis Battalion?

Also,
Quote:
Company Set Up areas:
4-1-262: w/i 4 B44.26 (Less 8 Step Losses)

So, considering the 4 Company is composed solely of 3 Mortars and 3 MGs which to my knowledge have 2 steps, then I will have to eliminate some of them?

I had the same questions today, and a look at the complete OOB on page 34 helps.

a) Regimental setups include SMGs that are included in the battalions. These should bear the losses.
b) Other means only mortars and ATs that can be assigned at battalion level if so chosen. No other battalion than the ones specifically named should go on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.