Subject: Aqueduct and the thief rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the thief is the only thing stopping production, do you still get to take a resource of choice.

for instance, a 12 is rolled, and the robber is sitting on the 12 preventing me from getting the resource. Can I now take one of my choosing with the Aqueduct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:
If the thief is the only thing stopping production, do you still get to take a resource of choice.

for instance, a 12 is rolled, and the robber is sitting on the 12 preventing me from getting the resource. Can I now take one of my choosing with the Aqueduct?

Robber blocks production on the resource he is on... so, no.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
jedimusic wrote:

-DK

According to Mayfair 3rd edition rules, p.8:

You may use this ability if your only production is prevented because of the robber pawn.

So yes, you do get the resource of your choice in this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
jedimusic wrote:

-DK

You may use this ability if your only production is prevented because of the robber pawn.

Well... I've been playing it wrong... c'est la vie.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
willythesnitch wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
jedimusic wrote:

-DK

Well... I've been playing it wrong... c'est la vie.

-DK

I think that wrong is kind of relative when it comes to Settlers rule questions. Each version seems to have minor changes, especially between C&K Kosmos and Mayfair rules regarding the sabotage card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only when the 7 is rolled, the aqueduct doesn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.