Thunderstone» Forums » News

Subject: Thunderstone Advance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.alderac.com/thunderstone/2012/01/03/a-new-guardia...
Made my day!

Can't wait for the previews!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And above all, do not return here in the coming weeks for the inside scoop on Thunderstone Advance!

...typo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd wager that JQ forgot to include a "forget to" in there. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, where should a noob start?
I've been thinking of getting Thunderstone for some time, and someone had recommended I start with Dragonspire instead of the base set because of how it "fixed" some of the quirks in the mechanics. It sounds like this will go even further in that direction. So... should I wait? Start with the base and get this later? Start with Dragonspire? Any suggestions or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹɹǝʞ uɐɥʇɐu
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, it's definitely worth it to start with Dragonspire.

Try it. Love it. Get all the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will anxiously await more info on this release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started at the beginning and I'm buying expansions in the release order .... Sooo much fun

I must say the narrative in this game and the themes in each release really make this game for me. Heck, even the moods feel right with each set.

I'm excited for Advance for two main reasons: to continue the story in a new world. And to appreciate a game sticking to their narrative and "ending" the story without diluting it with meaningless add ons.

Can't wait! I hope by march that my collection will be complete and well used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be curious to hear how they are going to keep the existing cards compatible. I own everything that has been put out up to now (except for the cards not in the Werewolf promo pack) and would like to still be able to use it.

Looking forward to the previews...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the base + 3 expansions too. LAck of thelatest one and dragonspire.. Looking forward to new gameplay/mechanics!

Hopefully you guys can do something which incorporates more stuff from different sets [like the epic variant] as well as maintaining a certain amount of strategy to deckbuilding. [cant think of much which would do this =(]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best news ever! Hey, speaking of Thunderstone, how many of you play the various variants in the back of the rulebooks? Like campaign mode, etc.? Do you have a favorite mode? We've always played 1 round vanilla style. Great fun even then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fractal Energy
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New quest based mode? who knows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that would be great! like maybe a few quests deck similar to runeage or something,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
I wonder how many more expansions from here. Time span?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris W
England
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun. Getting my first play of thunderstone tonight although it already sounds like my kind of game the upcoming additions sound great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they get the mechanics right, when the starting hand cards are too useless. Also the "money" resource seems weird. Most of the time you have so much cash that you can buy what ever you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Naesborg
Denmark
Lynge
flag msg tools
badge
Deadpool
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good news! Can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played HOD yet so this is certainly interesting but not earth scattering for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of child related time constraints and scheduling issues I've basically been on a hiatus from board games for the past few years, but recently received Dragonspire for Christmas from a friend. I've enjoyed it so much the few times I've played that I went out and ordered the other five boxes from Boards and Bits. Then yesterday in the span of about ten minutes I read that my order had shipped and then read about Thunderstone Advance. Needless to say, I'm very relieved to read that the old cards will be supported in the new game.

At least from the way I read it, this is less a repackaged cleaned-up starting point like Dragonspire and more like a new game direction that is compatible with the existing cards. I'm interested to see what direction they are moving the series in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
telengard wrote:
I'll be curious to hear how they are going to keep the existing cards compatible. I own everything that has been put out up to now (except for the cards not in the Werewolf promo pack) and would like to still be able to use it.

Looking forward to the previews...

Yes, everything will be compatible. It's definitely an upgrade, but it is backwards compatible.

More info very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
Yes, everything will be compatible. It's definitely an upgrade, but it is backwards compatible.

More info very soon.

[the] Thunderstone is dead. Long live [the] Thunderstone ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about forward compatibility? Will the new cards be playable under the current rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head I can think of no cases (cards in particular) where they cannot be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait for this "Advanced" version of the Thunderstone game. I am a big fan of the series and I own the original game and the Dragonspire expansion. I will be curious to see what the new features/game play/rules will be for this game. I also highly recommend playing this game online at Yucata!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.