United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
jobes2007 wrote:
...If you guys see me around a lot I have a goal to do a ton of session reports this year. So, if you get annoyed with me, sorry!

I doubt anyone will, unless you fail to provide details. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D.
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Definitely interested in seeeing your thoughts after you play with the cards. My copy just came today (as Im sitting at workangry) and Im debating whether or not to use the cards on the first playthrough with my kids. FWIW I have been playing some solo games at play-agricola.com to get a feel for the mechanics and such so I feel like I already have a leg up. I just dont know if it's necessary to to start with the family version if we are planning on using the cards sooner or later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Klemm
United States
Concord
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your food advantage was more than enough to make up for the delay in growing your family. Food is very important in three player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would introduce the family game the first time. I introduced Agricola to my family, including a then 8 year old and 11 year old. They took well to the family game and really like it. A year after this (they only played a few times without me there and I live 900 miles away), I introduced the cards. Everyone loved them except the now 9-year old who was overwhelmed. The whole family is back to the family game - if they play Agricola at all now [They have pretty much given it up for Peurto Rico {which then 9-year old grok-ed immediately} and 7 Wonders.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian M
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Groked. Nice.

Edit: "Grokked" ... of course, you are right. Thank you, MisterG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Deltron Zed wrote:
Groked. Nice.

I apologize for being a spelling Nazi, but that should be "grokked." Believe it or not, it's an accepted word, at least by Merriam-Webster, and that's good enough for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.