Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please publish an expansion for this funny game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is the boys and girls at Flying Frog probably have something already cooking in their giant "Cauldron O' Awesome Expansions" for Fortune and Glory. If anything the instruction book hints at a "Cult of the Spider Queen" which many speculate will be the next expansion for this game.

Personally I would love to see an expansion in 2012 for FANG. I'd be twice as surprised since I think 2012 will be the year of Flying Frog Expansions everywhere else in the Flying Frog-i-verse. I mean we have Last Night On Earth: Blood in the Forest, A Touch of Evil: The Coast, Conquest on Plant Earth: Apocalypse (or something to that effect!) Which makes me wonder what new Carnies and Aliens we'll see for Invasion from Outer Space... Or if we'll see the XP system for that fully fleshed out from the earlier released card expansion.

Now if I could only convince them to do a Super Hero game...(and even better if I could sneak in as "The Fanboy" with Cornbread and/or ScottE acompanying me...a la the Lone Gunmen...)ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see more cards of every type and perhaps an additional vile organization and of course some new heroes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see NKVD as a next Enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does it say about me that even though I hardly get a chance to play LNOE or A Touch of Evil, these expansions are a must buy? Looking forward to any and all FANG related expansions - more of everything please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Walton
United Kingdom
Cannock
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
JSkellington Esq wrote:
What does it say about me that even though I hardly get a chance to play LNOE or A Touch of Evil, these expansions are a must buy? Looking forward to any and all FANG related expansions - more of everything please

Mine has only just been delivered, it's with my neighbour, all I've done is read the rules (once), and I'm looking forward to an expansion (or two)! Probably get the first game in tonight, if tonight ever comes, *checks watch*, soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegre wrote:

Now if I could only convince them to do a Super Hero game...(and even better if I could sneak in as "The Fanboy" with Cornbread and/or ScottE acompanying me...a la the Lone Gunmen...)ninja

I'd be on board for this... get it? on BOARD...board game...HAHAHA

Anywho, a little birdy told me that...

"The Order will return in 2012!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Walton
United Kingdom
Cannock
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
MaddMatt wrote:
JSkellington Esq wrote:

Mine has only just been delivered, it's with my neighbour, all I've done is read the rules (once), and I'm looking forward to an expansion (or two)! Probably get the first game in tonight, if tonight ever comes, *checks watch*, soblue

OK, home now. But they're out!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegre wrote:
Now if I could only convince them to do a Super Hero game...

Oh man, that would be awesome. They need to do a fantasy game too. And stick with the photographs, guys... no cheating like in Conquest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
Tegre wrote:
Now if I could only convince them to do a Super Hero game...

Oh man, that would be awesome. They need to do a fantasy game too. And stick with the photographs, guys... no cheating like in Conquest!

And I would like a science-fiction game like Forbidden Planet and Star Trek TOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Land of the Lost?

Use LNoE engine, Replace zombies with Sleestaks, Tweak the rules to make it balance with only three people on the "good" team. (Marshall, Will, Holly).

Dinosaurs...

I smell a winner!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that an expansion would be nice. I must admit that the original game comes with a lot to offer. It has 3 play modes, each with regular and advanced settings.

There are pieces included in the original box which are not used in the game, but are designed for future expansions. So its good to know that they are already planning on expanding the game.

I would agree that additional dangers / cliffhangers would be nice. A fat stack of 150-200 or so would be nice. You want people saying "oh, I have never done this one before" as they eagerly grab the dice.

I also think it would be cool to add the following ideas into expansions:

1. Epic artifacts which require multiple players and regular artifacts to obtain.

2. Specific locations within map areas with corresponding artifacts (e.g. ancient artifact in a cave, religious artifact in a church, etc...)

3. Modes of transportation with transportation cards which can benefit or hinder you.

4. The collection of pieces (like the Staff of Ra) required to then attempt to obtain specific artifacts.

5. Specific artifacts acquired by Villains create negative aspects game wide, until the hero's do something about it.

6. Winning the Fortune requirement should open a secondary board which contains a huge artifact that requires the hero's to be geared up in order to succeed and obtain an artifact piece (represented by a cool figure) which is used in the very next game to the hero's advantage. It could also be stolen by the villains and used for their benefit (encourage immediate replay, and game continuity from one session to the next).

7. Native people in each land which become part of the story. Maybe they help, hinder, or ask that you recover an artifact for them, where you receive a unique bonus from them.

Those are just a few ideas which would be cool to see in expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
We DEFINITELY need LOTS more Danger cards in the next expansion. My only real gripe with the game in general is how pathetically small the Danger Deck is - especially considering how big the Event Deck is and how rarely Event cards are drawn in comparison to the Danger cards...

But anyway, a separate Danger deck for the Temples would be awesome as well... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of nice ideas there!

Why not expand the Enemies, Villains and Villain Event decks as well :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mukow CPg
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrCrow wrote:
We DEFINITELY need LOTS more Danger cards in the next expansion. My only real gripe with the game in general is how pathetically small the Danger Deck is - especially considering how big the Event Deck is and how rarely Event cards are drawn in comparison to the Danger cards...

Definitely agreed here. We are routinely seeing the same Danger cards over and over, and often run through the entire deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.