Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Knowles
United States
Feeding Hills
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking to play online but can't find anything. Does anyone know if someone is making an online site for playing CIV the boardgame?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al provorse
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can sign up to play by forum here at BGG.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Civ_PBF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone doing this for the older Eagle Games version of Civ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGamer2008 wrote:
I've been looking to play online but can't find anything. Does anyone know if someone is making an online site for playing CIV the boardgame?

In a way, it is a little hilarious to see people looking for a way to electronically play a physical adaptation of a computer game. But then, this is BGG. Let me know if you find a good one; I'll probably join you laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreybetween wrote:
In a way, it is a little hilarious to see people looking for a way to electronically play a physical adaptation of a computer game. But then, this is BGG. Let me know if you find a good one; I'll probably join you laugh

Not just that, it's the electronic version of the board game adaptation of the video game adaptation of the original Avalon Hill board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Dum, Dum, Dum dum dum, Dum!
badge
"Money isn't everything, but it's a tie-breaker in Power Grid!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
thegreybetween wrote:

Not just that, it's the electronic version of the board game adaptation of the video game adaptation of the original Avalon Hill board game.

I've been playing Civilization since the first one came out, and it has no relation to the AH boardgame. They had their own videogame: Advanced Civilization. They have the same concept, but very different execution and mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are certainly very different games, but there is no doubt that the video game series is a spiritual successor of the board game. Sid Meier himself has said as much.

Likewise, Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon is supposed to have been partially inspired by 1830: Railways & Robber Barons, another game that Avalon Hill also did their own direct PC adaptation of. And now we have a Railways of the World board game based on Sid Meier's game, that amusingly is much more like Age of Steam than it is like 1830.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lujic
Denmark
flag msg tools
Peristarkawan wrote:

So an online version of this board game will create a black hole at CERN or rip a hole in the space-time fabric? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.