Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Battle Turn, the Creator gets 2 attacks at +2, and then attempts a Brain Blast. If the player fails the Fate roll, that player "is paralyzed and loses 1 Turn".

Does that mean that during that battle, the player doesn't get their next Battle Turn (attack)? I assume so, but wanted to be sure that it didn't mean the player would lose their next Full Turn. But if that were the case, would the battle continue on with the Brain Blast having a delayed effect? That wouldn't make a lot of sense.

It seems like for many characters at many points in the game, encountering the Creator will result in instant death. I couldn't escape, and he got about 6-8 (strong) attacks for each of my Battle Turns. I guess my rolling during that battle didn't help any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Krause
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Big boss = big rewards (2 of each resource), so he's gonna be tough, and tougher for some than others. Uncle Checkers, for example, is immune to his attack bonuses and Brain Blast.

As far as I understand it, you have it right. The character loses his next battle turn. If the Creator is a Zombie character, the character would lose his next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Panasonic wrote:
Big boss = big rewards (2 of each resource), so he's gonna be tough, and tougher for some than others.

I get that. It's just a bit frustrating that he popped up uninvited, and other than the decision of *how* to attack him about 2 times (choosing between two low-odds options each time), there was nothing I could do to avoid death since he could bash me repeatedly before I would get another chance to try for a lucky roll.

I'm used to Big Bosses coming at the end of the adventure, after you have built up your strength and accumulated a lot of equipment. Or if you encounter a strong enemy that you know you're not ready to face, you can get away (at some cost).

Maybe there should be a rule that you can escape from *any* zombi by dropping all your equipment, or something like that. Having only played once, solo, I'm not ready to actually propose variants or house rules. I'm just expressing a concern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John J Perry Jr
United States
East Templeton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill, you have it correct. The same goes for the Slithering Carcass as well.

Kevin, you will find after a number of plays that sometimes you can kick The Creator's ass into next week, sometimes it's a close fight to the finish, and other times you must be wearing his favorite cologne and there's no way he's gonna let you get away without becoming his next meal. If that doesn't appeal to you, we suggest the following remedy (for Solo play only, of course. It can be quite evil to be The Creator in a multiplayer game):

(with The Creator set aside for the moment)...
1. Shuffle the Enemy deck then take the first 15 cards off the top of the deck and set them aside.
2. Take the next 15 cards and add The Creator to them. Shuffle these cards together and place them back on top of the Enemy deck.
3. Take the first set of 15 cards and put them on top of the Enemy deck.
4. Pray for your survival.

Hope this helps!zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.