Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Pride
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am missing a card from Kahoum (Stratus), and already asking Z-Man about it, but they're on holidays until 9th Jan cry

So I think I'll use it anyway during these times. The questions is the title. Can this make Kahoum stronger or weaker (to ensure more experienced player gets proper handicap)? Or it won't really matter that much? (because sometimes I think getting last attack card earlier is an advantage, and on the other times run out of cards is disadvantage)

Of course it's in Full Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Littlefield
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it'll make too much difference in the long run, but having one less card means you'll have one less resource to spend over the course of a completely played out game (game not ended by destroying other players base) unless you allow the Kohoum player to spend one free resource on the turn after he draws his last card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Yates
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
badge
Tea and Board Games
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't matter greatly, just so long as they get a bonus resource at some stage.

As the last card in the deck will always be an Attack card, maybe rule that the Kahoum player gets a bonus resource before drawing that attack card instead of taking his turn. It's very unlikely that it'll have any impact on the game as a whole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pride
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
setaymit wrote:
It doesn't matter greatly, just so long as they get a bonus resource at some stage.

As the last card in the deck will always be an Attack card, maybe rule that the Kahoum player gets a bonus resource before drawing that attack card instead of taking his turn. It's very unlikely that it'll have any impact on the game as a whole.

I think I like this fix. Will play like this for now. It doesn't really matter when the game ends during mid-game, but sometimes when scores are somewhat same, and the game will end by run out of cards, it might make a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's a Stratus, and the Kahoum have 3 of them, I think it's okay. However, I feel like the Kahoum's upgradable units are their core (besides Obelisks), and there's other cards that are less essential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pride
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replacement arrived today! Thanks Z-Man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.