Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Robert
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering how I am supposed to go about adding OL cards from expansions to the OL deck during a campaign. I've got all the expansions now, which makes for quite a few cards ( spawns, for example ) that have to be added to the deck. I'm wondering if this doesn't significantly lower the difficulty for the heroes, since I will cycle through my deck less often. Am I supposed to maintain a certain number in my OL deck ? Or do I just add these cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, not at all in fact. All expansions adds I think 6 cards? Which is 2 turns to cycle the deck. 90% of the dungeons my Heroes have gone through they breeze so fast that I never get to the bottom of the deck even once, let alone twice. Plus the added spawns (and the Danger card) tend to balance out the added cards.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperoo wrote:
I was wondering how I am supposed to go about adding OL cards from expansions to the OL deck during a campaign.

Exactly as it says in the corresponding expansion (ie add in all non-treachery cards).

Quote:
I've got all the expansions now, which makes for quite a few cards ( spawns, for example ) that have to be added to the deck. I'm wondering if this doesn't significantly lower the difficulty for the heroes, since I will cycle through my deck less often. Am I supposed to maintain a certain number in my OL deck ? Or do I just add these cards?

The the OL is more than compensated for his increased deck size by the more varied cards available and the ability to use treachery, and a wider variety of monsters.

And if the heroes are halfway competent the increased deck size will make no difference at all in 90% of dungeons.
Which is another way of sayig that if the heroes are still in the dungeon when 36 cards have been drawn then they are playing badly, for the most part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Robert
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.