Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the cash-in games. This one is trying to cash in on the Garage Band software, or perhaps all our dreams to become famous rockstars out from our parents garage when we are 14 (even when we live in an apartment building with no garage). The game is a team-based trivia game around music and bands.

Components
This game do not come with lots of components, just a pad of paper, a pen and a box of double-sided question cards. The question cards have answers and questions at the same side and two to a side, so they contain 4 answers. The design of both the cards and the box for the game and the inside box for questions is beautiful. Well it is beautiful if you are a music fan that grow up with musicians with a love for Marshall amps. They are indeed designed to look like such a amp,and they do indeed succeed. Below is what is included in the box

Game Play
The game is played in teams, each team give an answer that is a band or a artist after hearing leads on 4 different point levels. Then it is just writing down how many points the right answer come if it comes at all. Then it's just takeing turn till a set number of cards are played,or a score is reached, or whatever you agree on. The rules to not have all these goals,but after playing the game that is how I recommend you play it regardless.

Level of questions
The level of the question is varied, they stretches from the 50-s to the 00-s. You have an advantage if you have a wide knowledge (and possibly) taste in English language music. This is a game for music fans and not others, there is also a weakness for people not from the US and England in that the questions are based around those countries music scenes

Conclusion

What to say about this game overall, personally I like it but I don't get to play it much. The problem is that you need to find the right mix of music interested people to play it with. My best game was when I played this with my father who have, just like me, a wide enough music taste to done some Djing. I would recommend this game to a group of friends that are into pop and rock music that needs some nice trivia game to build companionship as the team play is team building in a nice way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.